Zin runs New World of Darkness

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

As long as there's no
    cannibalism

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ok, asking one thing for clarification
    Same species on same species, or any devouring of sentient things by other sentient things?

I've had things hit that before, so knowing the specific will let me know what to shove off the list.

3. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Excellent.

If you ( or anyone else ) wants to get a taste for the system, we could always start with either a mortal prelude to becoming a hunter or supernatural ( especially if you want to uncover how things work through play. )

I have had a few people who haven't gotten a look at the splat books their characters take on, and are playing essentially blind, just learning from in-game experience and their mentors, which can appeal to some folks.

• Like x 2
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Posting to express interest. Not sure if I can/want to commit to consistently playing, so if you do any individual sessions, or have involved NPCs who you want run as PCs from time to time...

I've played about 3 sessions of oWoD before, as mortals and as a vampire.

• Like x 1
  5. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

That could be cool!

I do have a bit of knowledge going in -- I've played some of VTM: Bloodlines, and when someone else was running a NWoD-themed game on Kintsugi, I read through a lot of the unofficial White Wolf wiki. I'm willing to read up on whatever I need to to understand the game

But going in fairly blind sounds fun, and the mortal prelude thing also sounds fun

• Like x 1
  6. strictly quadrilateral

Same species

• Like x 1
  7. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I'm in the same situation except I know LITERALLY nothing about this system, and yes, seconded!
    (speaking of which, would the white wolf wiki mentioned be a good place to start reading up on this and if not could someone point me in the right direction?)

• Like x 1
  8. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I prefer no romance or, to a lesser degree, sex things happening with my character but I don't mind anyone else doing it. I'd just play that way without bothering to bring it up, but I've been made uncomfortable by an obvious "hey, want to get your character laid?" scenario before, so. Putting that out there.

I like sin-eaters and changelings. Probably sin-eater works best for having a mortal prelude?

• Like x 1
  9. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I just popped open the Vampire: The Masquerade page and then clicked all the links, and then I clicked all the links on those pages, and then I clicked all the links on those pages. The information there was pretty easy to digest, as a person with very little background info, though of course I did end up with much many tabs.

• Like x 2
  10. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

Ah right also
    My squicks are generally super inconsistent and I can never really tell what will bother me until it happens so I am Unhelpful, sorry, but:
    cosmological horror tends to creep me out in the good way, so that's something i'm definitely here for. twists are also good. body horror is generally good, i think? psychological horror = scarier than blood & gore horror, mainly in the good way.
    sexual violence tends to go the exact opposite way - I'm not saying it has to be completely avoided, but... I think I would like a head's up before stuff like rape and whatnot.
    also, weirdly specific, but can not deal with needles or scissors in relation to fingers or eyes. That might be different in text though idk
    basically general rule is that none of my squicks should be taken as hard limits or 'must be avoided' in any way but I'd like a warning before they show up, if that would be okay.

• Like x 2
  11. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I'd like to request that the warnings be spoilered so I can be surprised by them

• Like x 1
  12. strictly quadrilateral

I'd love to play a changeling

13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

In actual game thread or in my earlier example as well?

@everyone - I'll run through replies in my break, but can absolutely do one on one's as well

• Like x 1
  14. strictly quadrilateral

I would rather do a group rp than a one on one

• Like x 2
  15. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

During the actual game

I'd also prefer a group RP to a one-on-one

• Like x 1
  16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Making notes & responding on breaktime walk!

Yes, nwod wiki can be a good place to start, and once I get home around 7 pst I may be able to dropbox a book or three? ( or just send over skype to anyone who prefers that. )

Ok, 6 interested parties so far with one possible one on one.

I do tend to homebrew and rip some pieces out here and there, which can come up and be discussed, though this is partially due to streamlining for play and also because the morality system is a good barometer for what your character is ok with, but the linkage of doing bad things to mental illness leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth, so I play loose with that.

@Erica - you got it, I've got some odd things that have set me off in games before, even over text. I actually had one of those gut-dropping visceral panic moments over a character getting served a legal notice at one point, so... :0

• Like x 4
  17. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

/grabby hands

• Like x 2
  18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Changeling can work for a mortal prelude, though it depends on what happens - I've played through that partway before. It definitely is one of those ones which has a longer lead up, unless you start the campaign itself with the Escape.

• Like x 1
  19. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

• Like x 2
  20. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Oh, also I would be willing to one-on-one if the group is getting too big or something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice