Zin runs New World of Darkness

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*INCREDIBLY EXCITED BINKYING*

YESSS AND I'VE GOT A BOOK THAT COVERS KID CHARACTERS, INNOCENTSSSS...

Yes, this could be very cool - with a group, you're likely to end up with a batch of supernaturals as your cohort, which is a mix of good and bad, but I can also hook you up with a few young hunters and have you run headlong into the rest of the pcs later on?

Lots and lots of possibilities depending on how you'd like to go. :D

2. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yesssssss. :DDDD That sounds awesome!

Elena is 100% up for tagging along with adults and trying to bully them into teaching her to shoot guns and throw knives. But doing one-on-one and running into the other PCs later (while attempting to murder them) also sounds super fun. A++.

• Like x 2
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

any interaction my characters have with her will be painful and embarrassing because they don't know how to people and they especially don't know how to interact with children

• Like x 1
  4. albedo

albedo metasperg

Honestly, this is probably the best plan. She's the sort of kid who's painfully stiff and tries to act as adult as possible. She's not a child! :E

She also is wayyyy too fascinated with violence, because if she could just show that she could take care of herself, she could do something.

• Like x 1
  5. strictly quadrilateral

she might have something in common with "knives are the answer to all my problems" Mutt

• Like x 1
  6. albedo

albedo metasperg

They're going to get along like a house on fire, aren't they?

:pitchforks::pitchforks::pitchforks:

• Like x 2
  7. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Sunshine objects to this metaphor.

• Like x 4
  8. strictly quadrilateral

: D

i don't know how much of this thread you've read, but I have two characters, Mutt and Nul. Nul is what's left over from when Mutt tortured a guy pretty much into nonexistence.

fun times.

• Like x 2
  9. OnnaStik

Also, since I'm pretty sure Corrie's Keystone is gonna be a tent stake, killing a vampire with it is now officially on my RP bucket list.

• Like x 2
  10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Man, now I wish I could talk @Melkiah into running Theresa... but hoo boy, that's dangerous for everyone.

What shade of morality do you want to have your cohorts tending towards? I have folks who range from Paladins Done Right to The Ends Justify the Means... to teenagers with big grins and baseball bats....

11. albedo

albedo metasperg

Still catching up, but ahahahahahaaaa, this is going to end so badly. :D

Heeee. Dangerous is fun!

I think a brighter shade of grey might be fun.

Elena is lawful neutral, in the way of children. Her world is a black and white place; Her People are Good, and anyone who hurts them is Bad. And she will do anything - anything - to protect them.

(The worst thing she can imagine is murder. She dreams about it at night, cutting her brother from his bonds, cutting wide swaths through men with blank faces and monstrous shadow bodies. She sleeps with the biggest kitchen knife, these days, cradled in her arms like a doll. She has learned to lie still as death when she sleeps, to avoid cutting herself, until the knife is almost an extension of her body. She feels naked at school, when her only weapon is a pocketknife stuffed into her shoe.)

(The really deep, dark crimes are still beyond her. Torture, betrayal, selling her soul. She is too young and innocent yet to think of those things, so her dreams are filled with blood, and not the clean, white tidiness of friends sold to the dark, never to be seen again.)

She's principled and idealistic, in that she still believes the world is based on rules. It's not fair, but it should be, and if she cuts deep enough, she can carve some kind of fairness out of it.

A cohort that feels unfair, or which doesn't share - or at least tolerate - her principles is going to be harder for her. They'll never get fanatical, murderous loyalty out of her. But paladins or knights templar... She'll be their soldier. She'll be anything they want. Anyone who helps her fight is an ally, and anyone who helps her seek the truth is her new best friend.

(And she's twelve, after all. She's not wise to manipulation, yet; she's a quiet little nerd child, with few friends and no allies. It would be so very, very easy to shape her into a tool. )

• Like x 4
  12. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Everyone, please expect me to start throwing more questions your way, I'm going to get started with a loose framework.

• Like x 4
  13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Taking notes and going to start compiling info for starting solos and main plot threads.

@swirlingflight feel free to tap in whenever, no pressure, just letting you know that if you'd still like to play on and off, even in a solo session or however, that's still A+ :)

@jacktrash uhm. May I request a Galley's Turn Subforum titled "The Queen of Cups" for any NWoD games I run on-forum? I don't want to flood the main RP area with a bunch of meta, solos, as well as the main thread, once it goes live.

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

done! would you like this thread moved to it?

• Like x 1
  15. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Yes please! Thank you! :)

16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

a la peanut butter sandwiches! *magic noise*

17. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

1) Who wants a Solo Prelude?

2) # of characters planned for everyone - I believe a few folks are running duos in one way or another. ( Which is chill, especially when they don't get along. )

3) Do you have any specific NPCs associated with your characters?
    a) If so - are there any specifics about them, how they act, etc. that you want to keep, and if so, can I get a quick guide to how you see them - if a character is near and dear to your heart, I want to do things right.
    b) If you do not have a specific idea, but want an ally, friend, etc to bounce off of outside the main cast of PCs, we can work with that

4 ) What do you want to see/where do you want to go with your characters? Are you here for the horror, or for the chance to explore what your character will do? Basically - feeling out what you want out of the game, so I can make sure I'm tailoring it to suit everyone in their own ways. ( Because yes! )

5) What things are important to your characters - do they have any social links, places, hobbies etc. that tie them or drive them? Outside influences - ie. wanted by the law, member of a specific church, have a brother who visits... etc.

6) What makes your character tick? What drives them, what makes them go, what makes them keep moving?

7) What drives them away? What's the thing they want to do least? What makes them run? What do they fear?

8) Now, I try not to railroad, but Melkiah said I should ask opinions on plot rails being present?

9) Are they any questions that you think are important that I missed?

• Like x 2
  18. strictly quadrilateral

1. i don’t care either way, but if you think it would be useful i’d be up for it.

2. i have two characters, Mutt and Nul. I’ll fill out character sheets and stuff for Mica, but only as reference for Nul.

3. yes, two siblings. Older sister Arie: has always disliked and distrusted Mica. she’s neat and orderly and scared of heights. overly protective of ethan. 19 years old? i think. Younger brother Ethan: looked up to and admired Mica like any child would an older sibling. has a toy giraffe. 10 or 11 years old.

4. i have no idea yet. i will go pretty much wherever this rp takes us

5. Nul has nothing. Mutt has….also nothing, but more spread out.

6. Mutt has a lot of spite in them. They also want to meet and be a part of their family that they were stolen from. Nul wants mostly to make up for not being Mica, and to become his own person. yes, i am aware these two things will come up against each other. he is not.

7. Mutt fears being alone. Nul fears being unmade like Mica was.

8. any amount of rails is fine.

9. i can’t think of any right now.

• Like x 1
  19. OnnaStik

4: I do like getting the creeps, I also like exploring characters, basically my response here is "Just fuck me up."

5: People are important to Corrie- we'll figure out specifics when we figure out her associated NPCs- but she also values her freedom very highly. And her art.

6: She's going to be in a kind of euphoric, manic, must-live-as-much-as-possible state for the first little while. Figuring out what she actually, seriously, wants is likely to be a journey of characterization for her.

7: A lot of her fears have been recently torpedoed. One big one that's left is the fear that her attempts to carpe diem may get someone else hurt.

8: I usually actively try to cooperate with GMs' intended direction, because that's where the most thought-through story tends to be. Just drop the breadcrumbs, okay.

9: Nothing comes to mind.

• Like x 1
  20. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

1. Solo prelude not necessary
    2. One character at the moment
    3. No associated NPCs
    4. Horror, exploration, growth, it's all good. I want to tell a good story.
    5. Being abducted by the fae made Knaggs paranoid, he values his safety and his solitude.
    6. Likes to get things done so they're done and he can stop worrying about them.
    7. Does Not Like dealing with the fae. His first instinct when in danger tends to be running away.
    8. Plot rails are okay so long as they're reasonably subtle.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice