A Series Of Unfortunate Posts

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Re Allyssa, Jan 7, 2017.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

(That is also what prompted this post. :P)

• Like x 1
  2. blue

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [...]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VS
    IMG_2957.PNG IMG_2958.PNG

@ SCRIPTWRITERS MEET ME IN THE FEELS PIT SO I CAN FIGHT YOU

• Like x 5
  3. garden

garden lucid dreamer

highlights from my liveblogging of the grim grotto:

• fiona's glasses constantly being described as triangular makes me imagine her with dirk strider's pointy anime shades
    • “Does the Queequeg have any waterproof flashlights?”
      “Flashlights won't help you,” the captain replied. “Aye! It's too dark!"
      [​IMG]
    • “Oxo?” Sunny asked, which meant “Does that mean we can breathe without our helmets?”
      “I think so,” Klaus said, and then carefully removed his helmet, an action for which I would have given him a citation for bravery. “Yes,” he said. “We can breathe. Everybody take off their helmets – that way, our oxygen systems will recharge.”

...so did you forget about the deadly fungus whose spores it is possible to breathe in, or....
    • “If we go through the mushrooms,” Fiona said, “we'll most likely be poisoned. One spore could easily slip through our suits.”

THE SUITS CAN KEEP OUT WATER BUT NOT SPORES????
    • [Count Olaf] opened his mouth and began his new villainous laugh, which included new wheezes, bonus snarls, and an assortment of strange syllables the Baudelaires had never heard. “Ha ha ha heepa-heepa ho !” he cried. “Tee hee tort tort tort! Hot cha ha ha! Sniggle hee! Ha, if I do say so myself!”

...i am very deeply hoping that show!Olaf will utter those syllables in an approximation of laughter
    • fernald is the hook-handed man????
      i am legitimately shocked by this
    • “Those are just the bad aspects of [Count Olaf],” the hook-handed man said. “There are many good parts, as well. For instance, he has a wonderful laugh.”

...if by "wonderful" you mean "hilarious," yes
    • Count Olaf's henchman stopped in front of the children, put his hooks on his hips, and offered them a Hobson's choice.
      i'm loving the image of him with his hooks on his hips
      also earlier in this scene he was shuffling a deck of cards "with quite a bit of difficulty," which no doubt inspired the poker-playing in the show
    • On the other side of the captain was a woman who was laughing as hard as the captain, and in her arms was a young infant with a tiny set of triangular glasses.

oh my god fiona has tiny triangular glasses as a baby. she really is like a strider
    • oh my god poe is here
      you are, as usual, perpetually useless
    • !!!! kit!!!
    as a kid two of my favorite books in the series were the slippery slope and the grim grotto, and now i see why!

...i also just realized i didn't post anything about the slippery slope. oh well. mostly it was:

• "But I will take a page from the book of the Snow Scout leader, and skip ahead to the next interesting thing that happened, which was very, very late at night, when so many interesting parts of stories happen and so many people miss them because they are asleep in their beds, or hiding in the broom closet of a mustard factory, disguised as a dustpan to fool the night watchwoman."

@lemony snicket: how exactly do you disguise yourself as a dustpan
      (to which @blue 's answer was, "you wear very dark clothes and tape a dustpan to your foot")
    • [internally screaming] "QUIG-LEY! QUIG-LEY! QUIG-"
    • i love quigley "i don't have any proof that i'm not a bad guy. but i can define 'xenial' for you" quagmire
    • the white faced women!! did a decent thing and i was v pleasantly surprised!
    • quigley.... nooooo....

• Like x 3
  4. blue

• Like x 6
  5. blue

(KICKS DOWN DOOR) GUYS THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

(it's a cover of "it's over, isn't it" from SU changed to be about lemony and beatrice. spoilers for beatrice's identity, but also just. extremely good. it's so good??)

6. garden

garden lucid dreamer

season 2... march 30th........... [EYES EMOJI]

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

season three Is Here

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  8. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i've only watched the first 2 episodes of s3 so far (Slippery Slope), but man, it's very good. i continue to be just unbelievably impressed by the entire cast. also, Sunny slowly growing up makes me just as emotional in the show as it did in the books.

one of my favorite things in the books was Sunny's dialogue slowly transitioning from baby nonsense that only Violet and Klaus could understand, to speaking actual words and phrases. very happy that they kept that for the show. (although, rewatching s1 i realized that the hook-handed man can ALSO understand her, which is an adorable bit of foreshadowing to the way their relationship evolves.) also i got unexpectedly teary at Sunny tying up her own hair when it was time to invent something!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice