Bugs/Feature Requests

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

... interesting LMAO plz don't be me i'm not cool enough to be logged in as

2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I dunno, I think I could do a pretty good job.

• Like x 12
  3. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

well fuck you got me

• Like x 8
  4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

That's the normal view-profile window I see if I click on people's names, I think?

5. seebs

ohh, wait, I had not noticed. hmm.

6. seebs

Poking at it, I think that display is probably in error, but it seems to be harmless. The profile page shows that option even for accounts you can't log in as, not sure why.

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I don't seem to be receiving alerts, I have all the alerts set to on, they just aren't showing up under the icon.

• Like x 3
  8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Alerts (at least, @ pings) seem to be down. @IvyLB pinged me about an hour ago but my last alert is from yesterday.

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

I can still get @-pinged (as evidenced by the fact that I was summoned here just now) but maybe it's only if you are currently subscribed to a thread you still get them?

10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Maybe related to the number of people you pinged? I was the last on the list and sometimes things like that are capped

11. IvyLB

Ahh! that's possible.
    Hmm maybe I should try sending out two or three pings at a time, jsut to make sure everyone is getting pings

12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Is it possible to make so that one can save drafts of threads? As in drafts of the OP of a thread.

• Like x 1
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

If they're edited in after its posted @s don't generate a ping, I've tested this.

14. IvyLB

nope they were all in the first version of the post!

15. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Would there be a way to make the "go to first unread" option available on mobile?

16. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Um, so this is maybe a bit rude, but is thre a way to not show the rp accounts in the "people online"?
    Cause like, I understand knowing if someone's online would be useful for the other rpers, but wouldnt it be more useful to see the puppeteer than a list of lots of puppets and the puppeteer?

Like i know some people have lots of subaccounts, and those are plenty useful for rp, but for me it means i have to sort out all the rp accounts from there when i want to see who's all online.

(this is super petty I know. Considering not posting this at all, but oh well. sorry i guess)

17. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

roleplayers can choose not to show when their rp accounts are online, but that's a personal choice that each roleplayer makes themselves.

and when you're logged in a rp account, the system - when counting who is online for the members online thing - counts the rp account as online instead of your main, not in addition to it. so roleplayers taking their accounts off "show when online" or having it taken off for them would only hinder the ability of roleplayers to tell whether the people they're playing with are online or not.

• Like x 1
  18. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Oh okay, that makes sense.

Maybe using the little drop down menu you get for your subs would be helpful to unclog the online people. using that wouldnt log in as the character, just post as them, thus leaving the roleplayer's online status as current, but still let rpers post in character. (i have a sub account, this is how i know this feature exists)

But as I said, im just being petty. It isnt a super big deal, I just noticed how many people were online tonight and then realised 3/5 of them were rp characters.
    But honestly, its really not a big deal.
    I'm gonna go to bed now, or at least try to not post more, cause its 1;30 and I dont want to fuck things up while im overtired

• Like x 1
  19. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

For some reason, I am only receiving alerts for certain threads while actively viewing those threads. So far have only noticed in the Transformers thread, will update if any other threads go buggy.

Edit: The Flight Rising thread does this too.

Double weird: I get alerts normally when using my phone to access the site, it's just the computer that doesn't like 'em. Maybe a Win10 thing? Don't have access to another desktop to test.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like x 1
  20. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Sometimes I just stop getting alerts for certain threads that I am following. When that happens, I just click the "watched threads" thing in the upper left, and it'll show me all my unread watched threads. After I click from there, I'll start getting alerts again, at least for a little while.

I think it does this when you haven't interacted on the thread in a while, interaction being posting or liking or something.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice