Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

...I somehow just kind of... forgot about Make It So, somehow? I was thinking "gosh, it feels a bit presumptuous to make a thread in Fan Town about my partner's weird novel" and just totally spaced on how there was a more appropriate place for it already. Thank you!

• Winner x 1
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

More of a "where IS the thread for that" but there were at least two threads in gen chat for spoopy shit before we had the horror thread in Fan Town. At least one of them had people linking to urban legends and nosleep, which is the one I'm looking for. Does anyone remember the thread title? I think That's Unusual! was more for real life Spooky Weird Shit and I don't remember the name of the other that was prooobably it.

3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

4. Lazarae

Nah, there was an old one in General Chatter that's the one I'm looking for. Thanks though!

5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

6. Lazarae

• Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

where would a thread for links to tech and/or non-political solutions to the loss of net neutrality go?

(examples of those links being: a link to a site listing cheap internet providers, a link to somewhere outlining ways to optimize your site to make it run fast despite throttling, a link to somewhere explaining how to build and advocate for your city to become an internet provider itself)

• Like x 1
  8. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

do we have a thread for sorting our favorite characters into hogwarts houses? because I could have sworn we did, but i can't find it.

9. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

There's one specifically for Sorting Hat Chat-style sortings (of self, OCs, and other characters) but I couldn't find one for traditional sortings of characters.

10. Jean

that is actually perfect

thanks!

• Like x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

We have a Shipping Gripes thread, do we have a Shipping Gushing thread? Share shipping walls and OTPs, discuss why we like them, etc?

• Useful x 2
  12. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I don't think so? Iirc we have threads for f/f and m/m fandom which probably experience some overlap, but not a general-purpose shipping squee thread.

13. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Hey, I'm having a hard time finding the gift gifting/wishlist thread? I got a little money over Xmas and wouldn't mind putting it to someone's gift?

14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Here, it's pinned in general chatter

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

We have a Puns thread; do we have an Unusual Euphemisms thread in Bottom Serket? Those are fun and I think we should all share any we find.

16. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

Do we have a mansplaining/shit your doctor says thread?

17. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

The chronic illness thread? I actually don’t think we do, no.

18. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

19. Jean

Do we have a thread for "I need to infodump about this but I don't have any place to" mutual enthusiasm type interactions?

• Like x 1
  20. Lazarae

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice