Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

There's a "Show off your WIPs" thread and I think there was a "help me write smut" thread in Bottom Serket, but I don't think we have a "tell me if I'm missing a comma" thread yet, no.

• Like x 1
  2. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

How to put this... on nerdfitness, almost the entire forum is dedicated to personal self-improvement threads sorted on what sort of fitness goal is your main one at the time.

Is this concept too confusing to have here for people who aren't doing fitness self-improvement?

3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Are you asking if we have self-improvement threads?

4. Athol Magarac

I think? Like... is there a forum dedicated to self-improvement logging? Maybe it's similar to the structure of the Holler Closet?

5. KingStarscream

There's the community excercise thread, the celebrating productivity thread, and various threads celebrating artistic creations and improvement (cooking, gardening, and more traditional art pursuits like drawing and writing) in Make It So.

While the Holler Closet is primarily for 'venting', there have been self-improvement threads there alongside other personal threads. If you wanted to document a personal journey outside of a community thread, creating a Holler Closet thread for that purpose wouldn't be unreasonable.

• Agree x 4
  6. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

It is a little confusing, honestly. I went and had a look at their forums and now I think I have a better idea of what that would look like, but their needs and purpose as a community are pretty different from ours. I’m not entirely sure the structure would transpose well. It also sounds like a lot of work for the mods... well probably just seebs. This site doesn’t have a large development crew. I think it’s mostly seebs. They seem pretty open to ideas, but they’re only one person, so a proposal for any large new thing just may not be feasible.

You probably can get a lot of the same types of support, but you may have to either do it in one, more centralized location (as KingStarscream said, a holler closet thread is perfectly acceptable option for tracking your personal progress and setbacks and discoveries) or perhaps in threads spanning several different subforums. If you need help and encouragement with a particular goal, General Advice might be a place to go? If you want to discuss and share strategies for dealing with mental illness, Braaaiiins (or however it’s spelled exactly) might be the place. If you would like to discuss strategies for working with autism, Sperglord Central might be what you’re after.

7. Athol Magarac

Thanks. I used to be a nerdfitness regular and have no problem going back even though all of my goals were lifestyle/cooking related, but some others might benefit from the format without wanting to participate in that sort of crowd.

8. Athol Magarac

Was a low-spoons cooking thread ever started?

9. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Is there a Pokémon Go thread?

11. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I'm pretty sure we have a pokemon thread but im not sure about exclusively pokemon, let me find that

• Informative x 1
  12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

• Informative x 1
  13. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Two questions/points (feel free to respond to either/or)

1. Before when I asked if there was a BPD thread, didn't seem there was a response. If a BPD thread was created do people here think it would be best if it was a BPD thread, or a cluster B thread, or a PD thread (i'm kind of disinclined on the last one because I think there will be too much disparity but I could be convinced). Or, if this isn't the best place to ask, where would I ask people their thoughts on this?

2. Is there a thread where we can ask for media recs on certain subjects? I know there are threads where we can rec stuff, but the reverse?

14. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

self-advertising here, but you could try asking for things in the general recs thread? I put in the description that asking for recs of things is allowed in there as well as putting up your own recs

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. anthers

anthers sleepy

Do we have a thread in the autism subforum about posting your favorite stimmy videos / songs / whatever else?

16. KingStarscream

There's the What Are Your Stims thread which seems like it could fit?

edit: Though it is in Braaiiiiinssssssss instead of the autism subforum, so if you wanna make one there, I don't think anyone would object.

17. anthers

anthers sleepy

I was thinking more sharing stim content you like as opposed to talking about what your stims are, so I think I will. :>

• Like x 1
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i know we have a grad school advice thread here somewhere but i dont remember who op was or the thread title or what subforum
    help me obiwan ur my only hoe

19. KingStarscream

20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

yes!!! thank u so much

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice