Enzel.txt (art/mmo screenshots/babbling)

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Enzel, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Made thread title a little more informative

Re: the commission thing...i was musing on it because when i was younger i haaaated drawing stuff for other people. I think it was mostly the executive dysfunction/untreated ADHD + bad experiences. I would draw a lot in public/whenever i was bored or had downtime so people would always ask for stuff. Mostly the classic "can you draw me??" and overestimating the reach of my actual skills. Incidents that come to mind:

-family friend's daughter had her friend over her vacation house but all they did was whisper and text each other while my sister & i were in the room w them, hardly talked to us except to ask me to draw them. I felt like i couldn't refuse and did it to be nice but i was really upset that they basically ignored me until they wanted something from me

-coworker saw me drawing & asked to commission me, i asked what for, he wanted me to draw a horse and insisted even tho i said i had no experience drawing animals (eventually dropped it)

-when i was 16-ish my dad's college friend thought he was going to make a lot of money creating a pokemon ripoff to get kids interested in chemistry, asked me to design and draw an entire set of Periodic Table gijinkas. I think i did concept sketches for like. Two. But i was aware enough even then to wait for stuff like "a contract that details my rights to the work and royalties" before going too far & he never followed thru. (Also the project was way too big for me to handle.)

-multiple incidents of "can you draw me???" / "Ok" / "this doesnt look like me at ALLL!" / "you saw me drawing shitty anime sameface and thought you were going to get a realistic portrait?" (Ok the last thing i never had the guts to say aloud)

I tried a bunch of times over the years to do sketch requests bc i saw other artists doing it, and i *wanted* to because it made people happy, but it always took me ages to get around to it and i had that anxiety problem of "oh no its been too long they hate me now" so eventually i gave up. I think i needed to take pressure off myself re: art anyway, i tried art school but hated it, mostly because i really COULDN'T just do things that were asked of me, in general, unless they triggered my hyperfocus somehow.

Meds are great. Anyway.

I actually feel *interested* in commission work rn, which is weird. I mean extra money is also a factor but i feel like not only is it something i *can* do, its something i can get into because it's new and I've been trying a lot of new things lately. I still get self-conscious about my skill level but I'm way more ok with not being perfect than i used to be.

Mostly what's stopping me is actually making a formatted price guide w/ examples, and figuring out paypal invoices. *raspberry noises*

• Like x 1
  2. Enzel

mfw I realize I've been drawing the DRK soulstone wrong this entire time

ohno.jpg

(muffled artist screaming)

3. Enzel

ITS ALMOST THAT TIME AGAIN LADS

IM READY FOR MONDAY

...i will probably just edit screenshots or draw when i get home from work. Maybe a little maplestory 2.

• Winner x 1
  4. Enzel

I finally finished the fanfic I've been working on for two...years now...by which i mean i finished writing and editing months ago but i got it in my head that i couldn't post it until i drew illustrations to accompany it. I don't know. I'm a masochist.

Still fixing the about section bc I'm not sure what exactly to tag/warn for. Theres some fighting but nothing really graphic, (though one nameless enemy mook falls off a cliff and is fairly presumed dead) & discussion of a canonical character death or two. Also pov character refers to another with "it" pronouns. Which i think a decent amt of people find upsetting? Its done out of confusion and not malice because they're not entirely human but.

Also spoilers for Final Fantasy XIV (mostly Heavensward)

https://pyjamaenzel.dreamwidth.org/2415.html

(There are 17 images, btw. Some of them are pretty small though. 200x600 or 400x600.)

5. Enzel

Took the day off work for 4.5 on tuesday, worth it

But god they ended MSQ on such a cliffhanger, im in pain

[​IMG]

This is exactly how that scene went in my head. Imry is an overly forgiving person but after seeing Ala Mhigo firsthand she's fucking D O N E

Gaius better watch his ass bc im going to kick it again as soon as the Ascian thing is dealt with

• Winner x 1
  6. Enzel

i got a new gaming headset and the pads dont even touch my ears and its fucking MAGICAL

(i have...large ears and most headphones give me a headache after a while because they press my ears into the side of my head)

• Winner x 1
  7. Enzel

I just read the WORST hot take on MSQ and it gave me heartburn

8. Enzel

sewing machine saga: (cont from my vent thread)

Yay: got the poor thing reassembled successfully with the help of the service manual

figured out where the Mystery Piece belonged by trial & error. I must have dislodged it by taking out the screw it was attached to thinking that it was a screw holding the case together. (thankfully it was not integral to the machine functioning, it was just a part for holding the bobbin winder guide screw in place)

managed to once again drop a tiny screw into it while i was reassembling it (-_- i think I'm getting clumsier) but managed to get it out by tipping it upside-down...

also feed dogs required an allen wrench, my regular set wasn't working so i checked the ones i hoarded that came with all our IKEA stuff and one of those fit. I guess because metric. Keeping it w/ the machine parts from now on since it's an extra. Lucky!

Nay: still have the original problem (it's locked up and wheel won't turn) and so I will need to take it to be serviced somehow. I'm a bit afraid of trying to problem-solve it by myself. But at least it's in one piece for easier transportation now.

Things I learned: next time you disassemble something complex, either 1. take photos of every step or 2. get some nail polish and color code each screw to its place. ADHD brain thinks it will remember where each screw goes. ADHD brain is a fucking liar.

9. Enzel

Brain: go run Orbonne for the 4th time this week

me: WHY

Brain: ...music good

me: I can just youtube--

Brain: also love 2 suffer

(actually my alt could use a drop but it's not the end of the world...)

10. Enzel

queued while trying to make a new glamour

got a 60 min in progress @ Thunder God so i got to skip the first 2 bosses

healer top dropped and i got it

cackles

also should I make this Wein's new glamour y/n

finalglam2.jpg

• Winner x 1
  11. Enzel

I actually really enjoy Orbonne, it's how rude people get when everyone is struggling w mechanics that gets me

I zone in and someone (i think the tank) goes "welcome to your doom" and I just said "eh this is my 4th run this week, doom becomes boring after a while. Now it's just resignation."

co healer was a newbie scholar who apologized to me bc we were struggling on Ultima & wiped bc she released by accident and I couldn't solo heal thru the ult phase. (which...I must have been spoiled by my co healers up til now because HOLY SHIT OUCH that shit hurts) But y'know? it's cool. we're learning. it doesn't cost me anything to tell her it's fine, why do people need to get nasty?

tho it was around then she noticed I had replaced their old healer (who i assume dropped out of frustration) and the tank goes "yeah, that's why we were able to beat Thunder God" :p I told him i was flattered

also had 2 SMN and a RDM that rezzed their butts off so I hardly had to do any of it, bless them.

Wein actually rocks the healer top pretty well

ffxiv_01142019_002845_184.png

I actually really enjoy Ultima, it's such a clusterfuck of a fight. just look at this bullshit

ffxiv_01142019_003052_222.jpg

ffxiv_01142019_003746_937.jpg

Also the part where she smashes her horrible eldritch crotch face against the shield that's barely keeping you alive as you're slowly being hammered to death by an extremely nasty DoT is legitimately bone chilling

also whatever reverb effect they gave her voice is great

just. all three bosses voiced! throwing in all the mechanics from the previous two raids in rapid succession as you run around like a headless chicken! so good.

12. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Wein looks good! That's such a good top...

I'm going to have to look at a guide on Ultima before I go back in again because I barely understood a damn thing last time. The only reason I survived as well as I did was because I was following my co-healer around!

• Like x 1
  13. Enzel

Ty, Wein does well w yellow which is nice because all the yellow flower corsages are cheaper on the MB >.> anyway i was surprized the healer top was the yellow one, meaning the caster is the white and blue one, which is a refreshing change from "healers get white, casters get Goth version"

Ultima has a LOT of shit happening at once so its very easy to die stupidly even if you know the mechanics. I still struggle w second phase Grand Cross bc i get the horizontal positioning down but forget about the vertical...

I think the first time i did it, in the second phase where everyone has to pile into that tiny safe spot in front of her...and then you get Flares (those proximity markers w the outward white arrows like in Exdeath) i went "WHAT??? EVIL!" out loud lmao. I think you can run out of the circle of light safely for a short period of time, it just makes you unable to attack until you go back in iirc?

14. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I had the exact same reaction to the Flares. XD As far as I can tell you can run out and probably be fine, it's just that your actions are locked again while you're out. And I have NO IDEA how the heck Grand Cross is even supposed to work, there was just too much going on for me to figure it out.

I at least (I think) figured out what those little arrows on the ground do by myself, but yeesh. It as kind of SE to give us a checkpoint after the first stage boss gauntlet because that would be REALLY exhausting to go through all of that again and again in the event of wipes. Thunder God is bad enough!

15. Enzel

If you think of the arena as a 4x4 grid, each Grand Cross does an aoe shaped like a rook's move in chess (so straight lines n/s/e/w). Afaik they don't overlap any coordinates so there is always going to be only one safe spot. In the first phase it seems like the row up against the wall where the boss is is always safe, so you just have to figure out which section of it doesnt line up with a crystal. Second phase it can be any square because boss is now free roaming. X.x

At least one hit is survivable even if it gives you a vuln stack, but p sure if youre in a square where two overlap its instant death.

Idk if that made any sense, so diagram:

20190114_103656.jpg

Edit: also if Grand Cross is accompanied by Eastward/Westward March, she'll shift the first 2 crystals with that and THEN drop the last one.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Useful x 1
  16. Enzel

Recent doodles

Probably big imgs because mobile. These may be blurry until i can scan them properly

[​IMG]

Redraw of an old pic. Brains&Brawn Imry + Akiv'a, Swimmers Val + Sanlie

[​IMG]

Another redraw. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought of Edmont commissioning a portrait of the WoL(s) haha. Thinking about it, it would be a miracle if either of these two sat still for any period of time, so it probably would have been done with models wearing the clothing and then had their faces painted last with...artistic license.
    [​IMG]

(the latter has short hair bc she cut it off after the Vault :c though it's grown out this much by SB)
    [​IMG]

Old glam using the Demon Armor from WoD that im tempted to bring back for SHB. Alt Imry keeps the DRK soul stone (mostly bc Keten doesn't separate from her & is still hanging around in her brain being grouchy) & uses both DRK sword and a shield. Since she's like 7.5 ft tall she can use a two handed sword meant for a Hyur just fine one-handed.

She's not too different other than being kinda depressed. Keten probably ends up taking over for Zenos fights though.
    [​IMG]

How do people draw Fray's helmet properly anyway

...when i get Keten to 70 im gonna have to do Eureka for the dyeable AF gear on principle (it looks rly good though, and it has an androgynous silhouette even on F!Highlanders which is excellent)
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  17. Enzel

18. Enzel

Still bummed that sewing machine is broken, going to try to borrow car this week maybe. I did two Sundays so i should have a little extra $$$ this month and hopefully repairing it wont be too expensive.

Been trying to work on non-sewing projects in the meantime...i have all sorts of things hanging around that I've been meaning to do for years. A while back i got it in my head that i was going to buy those little wooden treasure chests from craft stores and paint them like treasure chests from various video games. I actually did a big one that looks like a Kingdom Hearts chest but i had several small ones i only did halfway and then got frustrated and gave up. I definitely layered on the paint too quickly and it made them super tacky etc. Also for some stupid reason i painted over the metal hinges and stuff.

So i got them out, took out all the metal bits and scraped the paint off them, then sanded the shitty paint off the wood as best i could. I'm trying to alter the shape of the box a bit now with wood glue, since there are grooves cut into the side that don't match the pattern i want to paint. Its slow going but im hoping the end result will be nice. I also found some red felt with a pattern impressed into it that ive been hoarding forever, going to glue that inside when its done.

I really want something to sand with that isnt just sheets of sandpaper, even if its not motorized, because holding the sandpaper makes my hands cry lol. Gotta look into that.

Managed to revitalize some dried up paperclay by putting it in a plastic bag with water, letting it soak, mashing it up and then letting it soak more. But now im not sure what to do with it lol. Id love to make little figures or something of my OCs but idk if id be any good at it.

19. Enzel

aright the BLU storyline is stupid lazy racist bullshit but you can spit fish at your enemies

BLEUGH.png

20. Enzel

More arts

@Akiv'a 's character of the same name, ft. lyrics from Believer by Imagine Dragons because my brain decided its a Summoner Song

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice