Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

thinking of weird salads, opinions on potato salad? I used to be not a fan but now it's one of those foods that like... I don't want it all the time, but sometimes I'll get crazy strong cravings, snarf it down, then not want to eat it again for like a month.
    good stuff

• Like x 1
  2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i love potato salad, but i'll only eat one specific recipe because that's what i grew up on, everything else is right out

• Like x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Boiled potatoes often have a gross taste to me, and i dislike cold mayonnaisey salads so noooooooo potate salad for me

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I like certain potato salads, but they have to have some actual good flavor and/or texture, and not just be mushy potato cubes slathered in mayo.

• Like x 1
  5. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I love potato salad but mostly it's HELLA cheap, you can get like half a gallon of it for five bucks

• Like x 3
  6. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

imo it's the kinda thing u gotta make yourself. mostly because I'm real picky about it and everyone puts in green onions and N O T H X

eta: I had really good potato salad at a cafe once, just a tiny amount with a sandwich. it had celery and sunflower seeds and Quality Mayo and I was into it

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  7. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

The potato salads in the grocery store always have this weird sweet taste to me and it's so much ICK NO. The stuff my mother in law makes is fucking INCREDIBLE tho.

8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Would anyone be interested in the potato salad recipe that's gone through my family for a few generations?

• Like x 2
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I am always interested in new recipes, lay it on me (maybe in the Kintsugi Kitchen thread?)

10. Lizardlicks

11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

12. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

mmm, apple cider vinegar p:

• Like x 1
  13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-7_23-58-13.png
    YOU BETRAYED ME BUZZFEED

• Like x 5
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Buzzfeed officially BLOCKED. I can't believe

• Like x 4
  15. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I'll grant Buzzfeed this much: the chicken fingers I've bought at the grocery store have universally been better than the mozzarella sticks from the grocery store.

• Like x 2
  16. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

okay but how about deep fried cheese curds AND deep fried chicken strips, both dipped in barbeque sauce?

• Like x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What kind of bbq sauce we talkin here

• Like x 1
  18. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

cheese curds are perfect in any shape or form

• Like x 1
  19. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

i like sweet, not too hot bbq, because i am a baby

the stuff from culver's is perfect, as are their chicken strips and cheese curds

also @BunjyWunjy there's a place in downtown Kansas City that makes what they call "kc poutine" which is fries with pulled pork and bbq sauce that's all tangy and vinegary and melty stringy cheese curds, all over french fries

you can get it wrapped in a tortilla because why not have a poutine burrito?

• Like x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

I like tangy over sweet, and some kick is good too.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice