Gently stroking a folded towel (i.e. the ASMR thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by a tiny mushroom, May 22, 2015.

1. albedo

albedo metasperg

... ahahaha. Well, I was curious what all the hubbub was about, but instead of tingles and relaxation, I apparently get gibbering terror.

Like, tingles yes, but the kind of tingles you get from... a cross between fingers on a chalkboard and a horror movie.

Go figure! Brains are weird.

(ETA: It might be relevant to that that my idea of relaxing sounds is also weird. My preferred relaxation music is, ah... horrible drills and screaming.
    )

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Oh noooo.

I know I flinch and panic at certain sounds, like crinkles, or rubber gloves, or ear massage with lotion (or just touching those weird white ear-shaped mic covers), or anything with materials like styrofoam... but wood tapping/scraping, or dry hands rasping together? Chilled out delight.

Eta But one of my roommates had a similar reaction, can't do any asmr stuff.

3. albedo

albedo metasperg

It's okay! I'm not substantially distressed, just bemused. I had mostly heard of "man this is awesome" or "idgi", not "jweofijewoij NO" reactions. :D I am kind of fascinated, and have now put on horrible screaming and markiplier playing a horror game.

• Like x 1
  4. banshu

banshu Patron Saint of Annoying Web Theme Workarounds

THIS THREAD IS MY JAM.

i have a bunch of channels for these posted in the one thread in brainbent.

One post
    Aaaand another post.

• Like x 2
  5. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

My headcanon for this video is that it is an introduction to a world where the universe is populated by rainbow-haired alien space lesbians who abduct humans solely in order to give them cute haircuts and then return them home. It's like Steven Universe but with more gentle asmr touch-triggers and a greater focus on hairdressing. Incredible.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

I want more hand rubbing sounds videos. Flicking is great too. Raphy Taffy is one of my faves, but too much stopping to whisper for my mood.

Hand sounds without lotion. Or *shudders* mouth sounds, all popping wetly. Or *double shudders* or /gloves/. Gentle sand paper, not... whatever those conjure in my brain. Dry flickery strokey fast overlapping tapping.

The hunt continues right now.

• Like x 2
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[link for mobile] So many good sounds. I'm definitely going to check out both their channels later.

• Like x 2
  8. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

*blissful face expression*

• Like x 2
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I dunno about tingles but soap carving asmr vids put me right to sleep

• Like x 2
  10. swirlingflight

The case that makes good sounds... really the quick tappy tap. Very coze for listening to. Alas only 15, I need sleeeeep and layered sounds are a goodness

• Like x 1
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think I've only ever had the ASMR reaction once, to heartbeat sounds. Is it possible to practice getting the reaction?

There are a lot of yandere roleplay ones. Odd, but awesome.

12. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

i know i've felt it before, but i can't remember what it was a reaction to........

13. swirlingflight

This is so, so quiet, not based on sound at all... but seeing the gentle motions got phantom senses on myself. gosh

• Like x 3
  14. swirlingflight

Grabbing those stupid squishy ear microphones and squeezing them or putting things in them
    Smacking lips and eating food
    Styrofoam
    Sounds with too much sgg to it
    And the most inconvenient:
    Crinkles
    Ugggggggh
    I wish I liked these sounds, there's so many videos I start to love, only to encounter one of these and get a gag reflex and yank headphones off

On the plus side, thanks to a reiki video, I discovered that hand motions that involve reaching for the camera and pulling away can sometimes get times even without sound! And with the scissors he was using between, it was lovely. The main obstacle is sitting and watching; sound-based asmr means I can read other things while chilling.

• Like x 1
  15. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

I've recently found the loveasmr app and it's so useful for pulling the sound stream of youtube videos so I can listen to asmr without having to have my screen on.

• Like x 4
  16. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

guys
    cooking ASMR is the best thing ever
    as long as it doesn't have talking, but some channels have two versions for each recipe, one with talking/music and one without

really enjoying Peaceful Cuisine, Sound Croquette, and Emojoie Cuisine so far

• Like x 4
  17. swirlingflight

hand sounds
    multiple nearly hour-long handsounds, full of lovely brief rhythms and that not-quite-scratch sound brushing back and forth, a sound that fills my ears in a good way

• Like x 4
  18. shmeed

shmeed plant me

This is one of my favorite tapping videos. The taps are clean and good but not too loud, and there's very little white noise. She whispers a bit and has a very nice voice.

• Like x 1
  19. Gale

Gale Mostly lurking.

• Like x 2
  20. shmeed

shmeed plant me

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice