Homestuck-Style Cross-Fandom Shipping Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by autopsyblue, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Well, they're all on Youtube if you're interested. I would recommend watching to the original French instead of the English dub if you can, it's apparently a lot better.

2. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

If I can be allowed a shameless self-plug, in the novel that I have been translating, the narrator/Joanna is in complete diamonds with Zbyszek, even if none of the characters have a word for the concept.

• Like x 3
  3. LurkNoMoar

LurkNoMoar Well-Known Member

I think Rocket<>Groot is pretty much canon, and I got a strong Gamora<3<Nebula vibes as well.

And Peter Quill is the greatest ashen stud of the galaxy - note that he solves almost all of his problems by putting himself between two people who want to attack each other, and babbling until the situation is somehow deescalated.

• Like x 21
  4. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Holy shit yes to all of the above. I need to rewatch that movie right now.

5. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

It occurs to me this is a spot-on spades song.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
  6. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

PostSerum!Steve Rogers<>Sam Wilson
    PreSerum!Steve Rogers<>/<3Bucky Barnes
    PostSerum!Steve Rogers<3Bucky Barnes
    Steve Rogers<3<Tony Stark
    Clint Barton<>Natasha Romanoff
    Tony Stark<>Rhodey
    Wanda Maximoff<3Vision
    Wanda Maximoff<>Pietro Maximoff
    Vision<3<Ultron
    Tony Stark<>Bruce Banner

(I have way too many avengers ships. can you tell?)

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

On 'what is this feeling' BASICALLY. Also, I can't remember whether I thought the first part of 'defying gravity' or 'for good' made a better morail song...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Tony<>Bruce is very important. So is Tony<>Rhodey. Dude's the first person I can think of who needs multiple moirails :P

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 1
  9. Imoyram

hehe
    i didnt even realize i put two moirails for him, but now that you mention it...

• Like x 1
  10. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

*quietly starts cheering about polymoirallegieance in the background*

• Like x 14
    • Agree x 1
  11. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

and I mean Tony <>/<3 Pepper is pretty much canon and if anyone needs THREE moirails that person would have Stark as a last name sooooo...
    (Tony Stark covered in pale affection y/hy/hfy?)

• Like x 12
    • Agree x 1
  12. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

HFY

the person who is so much of a mess you just need to cover them in moirails is one of my favorite tropes tbh

• Like x 7
  13. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

Also can we talk about how Tony black-flirts with everyone he meets? Dude needs a kismesis so badly.

*hides the potential fanfic where her City of Heroes character, the magical witch with weather/energy powers, ends up in Avengers verse and basically occupies Tony's black quadrant*

• Like x 6
  14. prismaticvoid

I think you just put into words why I love Frostiron whoops

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  15. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

And an auspitice, let's be real.

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 1
  16. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

@prismaticvoid FROSTIRON fuck yes! i actually wrote a page of a tony/loki fic a year ago before i ran out of steam. so... here you go! it's unbeta'd and unfinished but. it is thing.
    Tony had been awake for rounding sixty hours when the man appeared in his workshop, which is the reason he paused to take stock before saying anything. Sixty hours was not nearly the longest he’d been awake in the past, and he didn’t expect hallucinations to begin for another 15 hours at least. He’d been cutting back on his drinking—not stopping, no, because stopping would be admitting he needed to stop—and so instead he’s binging on the work, throwing himself into tinkering with a single-minded focus.

But the puff of ozone had caught his attention first—always alert for that smell in a room full of advanced electronics—and then the presence of a man, a tall man in green leather, dominated his vision.

“Um,” Tony said, “okay then. Who are you? And, what are you wearing?”

“I could kill you any time I wish, mortal.” Loki raised one eyebrow, and Tony felt a sudden pressure on his throat, an unpleasant prickling on his skin, and he found himself being lifted onto his toes, seized in an invisible grip. He could just about breathe.

“What— ok, nice party trick. What is that, the Force or something?” Tony’s mouth was dry. His suits stood in a neat row at the opposite end of the room, and Tony can feel his heart beating fast, the shrapnel digging into his chest, but he can’t seem to shut up, the words rasping out past the invisible tingling grip. “Are you going to tell me you’re my father? Because I warn you, I’ve already got plenty of daddy issues.”

“I just wanted to meet you. The great Tony Stark.” Loki took a step closer. “One of the great luminaries of Humanity.”

“Yeah. This would be more convincing if you let me down,” Tony gasps out, and suddenly the pressure is gone and the floor slams into his feet.
    AHAHAHAHA i forgot i made a bunch of star wars jokes. what great timing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Like x 5
  17. prismaticvoid

18. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

but yeah that was totally going to be a destructive <3< ship. they're both arrogant and witty, and so of course they'd hate each other, but tony would just be so fascinated by trying to figure out how loki works. getting to study an alien, who can seemingly defy physics, up close? and maybe get laid? how could he resist?

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*sidles into the Avengers talk with lowkey vacillating pale/flush-ships w/p much everyone but notably Steve and Natasha and Clint*

*and then sidles back out lest she convince her little sister that she is shipping trash*

*...and then sidles back in as she remembers that her little sister is aware that she writes mature fic*

T_T i am a bad influence

• Like x 6
  20. Imoyram

sis cmon im already shipping trash and irresponsible.
    and like none of that was your fault X)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice