How Could Dare You: Wolf 359

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by OnnaStik, Apr 30, 2016.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

yea like what the fuck

• Like x 2
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

i love her and i am fascinated by what her rationalization for doing such shitty things are & i love that she is better at pretending to be a good person than the other si5 guys (possibly because she really believes she is)

but also

JUST FUCKING LEAVE HERA ALONE JESUS CHRIST

(i say as i continue noodling on a fic about maxwell brainwashing hera lmao)

• Like x 3
  3. blue

i'm re-listening to mayday and it's making me Extremely Sad

• Like x 2
  4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I apparently took a break to catch up to other podcasts about halfway through the last episode

i have now finished the latest episode

also

what the fuckenoodle fuckedy christopher

now i'm going back to the beginning of this thread to read all the spoilers

• Like x 2
  5. blue

@kmoss i seeee you liking my posts about my preposterous number of AUs, please talk to me about them if you have thoughts >:)

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

@blue i was a part of the heavy AU crew for a time in the jaegermonster subsection of the GirlGenius fandom so let me get my feet under me and we can do some horrifying things

still a hundred percent on board for a d&d game in the everyone'salive!au

• Like x 1
  7. blue

come play with meeee (i need a better avatar, but i don't want to just gank somebody's fanart without asking)

• Like x 1
  8. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I would but I cannot shitposting rave :(

9. blue

Alas! And I'm too scared of actual characterization to do more serious stuff most of the time. :P

• Like x 1
  10. blue

omg. the ars paradoxica cast did a genderbent remix of the first episode and it's a trip. it's here on the extras page.

... it's very predictable that i love horrible gremlin woman dana eiffel but care significantly less about dude minkowski and dude hera :P

• Like x 1
  11. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

posted a new fic, based on an old prompt from Sarah Shachat: Nothing Explosive.

(she said in her prompt that if anyone wrote fic from it, she'd read it. i tagged her. hoping she sees it. i'll either die of holding my breath or i'll die of happiness. i hope she likes it. what if she shows the rest of them. oh geez. what if they like it (i am just frantically fluttering my fan over here please just smile knowingly and with amusement))

(also i really want to finish editing the recording I did of the last full ep I wrote. hear my hilarious attempts at finding different voices for MInkowski and Eiffel.)

• Like x 1
  12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

ah! I love it!!
    (if you need voices, i have a computer and a voicebox, though i cannot speak for the ability of either one)

• Like x 2
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*silent scream* Zach Valenti is now following me on Twitter holy shit

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
  14. blue

(takes a deep breath)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAeverything was so good

• Winner x 1
  15. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

Guys guy guyyyyyyyys this song from the Groundhog Day musical is the most Wolf 359 thing I've ever encountered

On and on and on you stumble
    Towards the evening sun
    She waits for you with open arms
    You stare right through her

On and on you fall towards her
    Cold embracing shadow doorway
    Offers nothing still she draws you ever to her

On and on and on you stumble towards the sinking sun
    Turn a blind eye fight or run
    Rest assured the night will come

On and on you grasp and guess
    And search for patterns in the mess
    Of what has been and what is left
    To yet endure

The jester shrugs and plays his part
    The fever fall see only dark
    The pious with their hope filled hearts sing hallelujah

On and on and on you stumble towards the cooling sun

All the love and all the gold
    All you've built and all you've sold
    All the power you may hold
    You won't evade her

All the steel and all the bricks
    All the math and magic tricks
    All the carrots all the sticks
    Will not dissuade her

On and on and on you stumble towards the fading sun

As for that the rest is just a test of your endurance
    You've gotta love life
    You've gotta live life
    You've gotta love life

16. kmoss

kmoss whoops

hello everyone guess who is catching up again and as of the end of episode 54 what the FUCK

• Like x 1
  17. kmoss

kmoss whoops

ok so first of all i love that people are calling eiffel on doing things that cause harm! and it feels Not Forced which honestly seems really rare in most fiction out there, and i also love that eiffel seems to be responding very honestly to these things, which is where people kind of just jump to guilt and "i am baaaaaaad", and his crew was able to go "no, ok, don't make us feel bad, but you can keep doing this because it's an ongoing process"

related, it's like a micro scenario for this entire show! where people change and develop and evolve, because EXISTING is an ONGOING PROCESS

weirdly, on the second rewatch, i find that i'm, if not sympathizing with maxwell more, i feel like i get what she's doing better, even if i'm still super pissed about it.

and also, the closed episode of 52 was just REALLY good, with jacobi's "unfortunately" and Keppler's obnoxious ability to play the question game, which, oh my god why am i not surprised. i'm finding myself really enjoying everything jacobi is, and i'm not sure why. some of it is i think, the sarcasm, but i think it's also that he's a really raw personality. i hesitate to say he's honest, per se, but he's very blunt force trauma about who he is as a person.

which brings me to episode 53, which was, like
    fuck
    minkowski is so good and i love her
    and it was really interesting to see her and jacobi square off, because if we're also talking about communication here (we are), they're both so solidly on the same wavelength, and i love that.

and also i did tear up a little over the idea that music is what saves us as humanity, because i feel it

anyway, i guess i'm starting episode 55 now

• Like x 2
  18. kmoss

kmoss whoops

mm ok so first of all what the fuck second of all how dare you third of all what the how fucking dare fuck
    -post 55

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

About a year or two too late, I have finally started listening to this podcast. Just finished Boléro and the next ep is two hours long, too long to start this late at night, so I must post thoughts instead

Favorite characters at this point: Hilbert and Maxwell (so the past two episodes have been a bit rough -_-) They’re two of my favorite types of villain. Hilbert knows he’s what most people would call a monster, and he’s decided to try to do some good for humanity regardless, to absolutely horrifying effect for everyone around him. Short as it was I loved Eiffel’s speech for him at the funeral, he fucking nailed everything I love about Hilbert. And Maxwell is even better - she cared. She genuinely cared for Hera, as a friend and a patient. She wanted the best for her. She went to enormous lengths to relieve her pain and keep her from getting hurt or killed. But when it came to really important decisions... that caring just wasn’t a priority. She was willing to hurt herself as she hurt Hera, because other things were just. more important to her.

Kepler is also very interesting to me, because he’s almost Mr. Cutter. Whatever happened to Mr. Cutter to make him Mr. Cutter, and for that matter what seems to have happened to every member of top management at Goddard Futuristics, it’s almost finished happening to him. I’m honestly not certain at this point if it’s something paranormal or if this company just naturally finds and fosters sociopaths. Kepler still holds on to things to pretend to be human - the jokes that he thinks are actually funny, the now-empty scotch bottle - but he said himself that he knows he’s pretty much gone.

I love all the heroes in this show, but the villains are fucking compelling.

I also love how every newly introduced antagonist eventually ends up getting folded into the team when the next bad guy arrives. We started out with just Team Eiffel in a box full of people who couldn’t stand him (plus Hera), then it was him and Minkowski against Hilbert, then all of them against Lovelace, then everyone versus Kepler, and now there are aliens so who knows what will happen next! Things keep getting more and more awful but Team Handcuffs is going strong! They still antagonize the hell out of each other but fuck those other guys even more!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice