kintsugi IN SPACE

Discussion in 'Kintsugi In Space' started by wes scripserat, May 8, 2015.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

the space plant trams could come in three types: above-rail, beside-rail, and below-rail. all three would be frictionless because superconductivity.

if they have flux pinning there'd have to be heaters/coolers (magic or tech)-warm it up to lock it in place, cool it down to let it move again.

• Like x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

4. Technicality

I'm gonna go ahead and make that Town Square thing that was being discussed a few pages back. Will link
    E: here ya go

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  5. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

hah there's apparently solar panels that let through light that's exactly in the range of grow lamp light, making them perfect as a greenhouse material
    they're also neon magenta

• Like x 3
  6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

so apparently: solar panels over irrigation channels is a really good idea

9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

by the way a robot has been made that flies like a bat! it has silicone wings.

the article pointed out that in the future, batbots could be useful in construction sites, quietly flying around to check that everything was in place. or they could go into disaster zones.

or, in the case of kintsugi: batbots with levitating carts, harvesting trees in groups (tree harvests are much easier when you can fly!)

• Like x 2
  10. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Yeah, the whole Kintsugi In Space thing has always had magic/science running alongside.

Part of the Worldbuildign has been that Humanity as a whole came to magic later than, say, Space Elves.

• Like x 3
  11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

speaking of other species
    i have some ideas for aliens species that we could have set up as like...part of a Species Library with the idea being, you can add any, you can use any, and any can be mentioned?

so like. maybe your character had a fling with a xhera'fi. maybe a xylian queen is visiting and you can offhandedly mention teaching a xylian broodling how to cook. maybe your character is a jetbird. maybe your character was raised by a member of a created made-of-magic species like the umdrak.

that sort of thing!

• Like x 1
  12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'd say open, if other people want to join in.

14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

open!

• Like x 1
  15. palindromordnilap

In fact, @Kaylotta made a radio announcement at some point, if that's considered in-continuity.

16. Technicality

17. Technicality

And I would say that the announcement was canon. It means people that didn't hear the golf-ball thing can join without questions

18. palindromordnilap

And I mean, there was a pretty noticeable fireball...

19. palindromordnilap

(BTW, I'm gonna go to bed soon, so, I'll catch up tomorrow if we start the thread soon. That's not gonna be much of a problem anyway since I won't really do anything until you get there.)

20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice