Life's Little Victories

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by LadyNighteyes, Nov 14, 2021.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

So, there's this newspaper comic called The K Chronicles by Keith Knight. And it does this recurring joke/segment called "Life's Little Victories," which is more or less what it sounds like:
    2011-08-08_lifes_little-_victories-92bf145d.gif

And so, as a cosmic counter to Things That Are Currently Annoying You, this is a thread for those moments when things just turn out right.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

A thing that happens sometimes: I'll go to sleep and wake up way earlier than I need and still feel well rested, so I have extra downtime before work to make a non shitty breakfast while listening to my favorite music

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. LadyNighteyes

Last time I went to the dentist, they discovered that I actually had one less cavity than they thought when I made the appointment. 50% less time at the dentist!

• Winner x 8
  4. LadyNighteyes

Remembered the recipe I was going to make just in time to finish it before my ADHD meds wore off.

• Winner x 5
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Staff holiday lunch tomorrow is being catered by babe's

• Winner x 3
  6. LadyNighteyes

Poured pretty much the exact amount of paint into the roller tray that I ended up needing for the job by complete accident.

• Winner x 4
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Mixed some essential oils in the diffuser accidentally just right, and now the house smells exactly like apple pie

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ordered some clothes recently, including four bottoms (three pairs of jeans and one pair of overall shorts); since sizing is so variable and I was ordering ‘em online, I figured there was a chance some of them would still be a little too small on me to wear at this point, but lo and behold, they all fit!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sad that I had to return briefly-owned ferret, but the breeder was super nice about it and gave me a full refund, which I hadn't been expecting. Ferret is going to be much happier back in a group and I'm not getting bitten anymore, so I count it as an ultimate win for both of us.

• Witnessed x 4
  10. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Managed to reheat the exact amount of soup needed to fill my new little food thermos.

• Winner x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice