NSFW RP: consent, minors, and other boundaries

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by seebs, Sep 2, 2017.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

:D

• Like x 1
  2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Seriously, basically any time people talk about how they feel or what they like or dislike, that's good information to have for trying to run a forum.

Anyway, I think the RP side of this is basically-settled for now. We'll see?

• Like x 3
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

YEAH i cna see why, sorry I'm a total ditz about remembering stuff like that sometimes, just like kick me when I'm cringeworthy I promise I don't mean it like that. I've just seen too many internet spaces go "So anyways here's the pure nonsexual baby corner for minors where they can RP entirely wholesome PG-6 things because obviously they would never want to do anything else" and I just have this entire disconnect because when I think 'Teens on the internet' i usually picture the absolutely foulmouthed brats I tutored for a while who cheerfully gossipped (in great detail, no matter how much I told them to stop chatting) about relationship drama during class. A good chunk of which were taller than me at 15 and could have kicked my ass five ways to sunday. Like intellectually I know not all teens are like that obviously, but still sometimes my kneejerk reaction to talking about that kind of stuff is 'Have you met teens...?' but yeah you're absolutely right y'all should make that happen yourselves if you want it. Sorry for butting in >_>

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
  4. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

uh small little thing i either haven't seen anyone else bring up yet, or i missed: a glossary of terms for the tagging thing included in that master post thing talked about earlier

namely because when i saw "NS and NR" a few pages back it took me a while to parse that as "no sex and no romance" instead of...uh...another word that begins with r

uh thats all i wanted to say. i'll duck back out now.

• Agree x 1
  5. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

The posted guidelines have:

Mark in your rp-account description if you'd prefer not to have particular content involving that character.
    • NS for "No Sex" though the absence of a NS indicator is not consent.
    • NR for "No Romance" if you don't want your character romanced nor to witness other characters battering themselves to pieces against the shores of your character's indifference. The absence of a NR indicator is not consent.
    • NV for "No Violence" if you don't want to be involved in any violence.
    • NEV for "No Extreme Violence" if you are okay with some violence.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice