Shitposting Rave OOC

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by swirlingflight, Aug 19, 2016.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

... what does @Pillow Ford look like to Reed's heat vision? pillowish?

2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

That's fair, but ime tumblr posts are often an exaggeration. It is a very passive-aggressive phrase, but I've heard it way more in the context of people responding to trivial complaints or trying to make real complaints sound trivial. ("I spilled my coffee this morning and it just ruined my whole day." "Oh, bless your heart." "My father lost his job because of bullshit." "Oh, bless your heart, I'm sorry, how are you dealing?" for examples.) It's just a misinterpretation that gets to me a little, not fussing at anybody.

• Like x 1
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

pillowish and with a metal plate in its head part

• Like x 1
  4. sirsparklepants

Haha, I can't speak for Minnesota, but I grew up with a bunch of the kind of southern church-going family that goes Wednesday evenings, Saturday afternoons, Sunday mornings, and volunteers for every church event, so I tend to get kind of fussy. It is absolutely a gross passive aggressive peer pressure kind of culture, it's just not exactly like how people portray it.

Sounds like fun worldbuilding, though!

• Like x 2
  5. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Congessi would appreciate this if she were paying attention to Dali's conversation instead of squawking at the Cronii, though she'd more expect the one she knows (Norm, in this case) to do the introducing-- "this is my boyfriend Sunshine and my maybe-girlfriend Dali--" rather than trusting the stranger to be honest about their affiliations. Eclipse, however, doesn't really see why it matters and is chalking it up to "weird alien introduction" :P

• Like x 2
  6. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I'm originally from West Virginia and grew up there and in Kentucky. I actually know exactly what you mean, but I'm not the one who was calling it Southern culture!

7. sirsparklepants

Oh, no, I getcha, just explaining myself.

8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

*vibrates in anticipation of shitposts to come*
    I have a new subaccount, @Lord Polemarch
    People who do not know already who he is are free to guess. Hint: Another Goddamn Transformers OC.

• Like x 4
  9. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

what does this,,,,,,mean

im really tired rn

• Like x 2
  10. cleverThylacine

I think that it's going to be slippery and the cronus will fall?

• Like x 1
  11. cleverThylacine

Cereuti are weird aliens.

They are typically very sexual and rather aromantic. They are materialistic generally. And then there are the ones that are not and get themselves mixed up in really weird shit. They almost all think they're smarter than you because they're not confused by idealism, except for the ones who rebel and become terrifying ideologues because they don't know how.

Getheny is not the best example because she was raised by cattes. But her relationship with Stan works because they are both very pragmatic. Jake Harley drove her nuts with his romanticism and fetishism. And we know how it went with her and Ral.

• Like x 2
  12. Valenorn

Valenorn Praise the Commonwealth

I understand, i'm done with it then. it appears that i will never get a full grasp of it. i tried but i failed. oh well, live and learn. :3

• Like x 1
  13. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

this phrasing is slightly amusing bc i made an executive decision to shrink him as well as demonize him

hes like 3 feet tall now

14. Valenorn

Valenorn Praise the Commonwealth

I did not mean for that to happen. lol

It's even more funny when you realize Nick is the second tallest companion in Fallout.

15. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Does anyone here use forum digs for quick character info? I just learned of their existence and thought it might be nice at least for ooc knowledge?

• Like x 1
  16. blue

Is that a typo for "sigs," or are forum digs a thing i don't know about?

(i don't really use mine bc i can't see them on mobile, but i guess i could put info in there for people who can?)

17. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

LOL I'm on mobile so yes sigs

Is that why I can't see them even tho I was to understand that some people use them? Damn

18. blue

My forum digs are: mostly the KPDA2 thread and the shitposting rave :P

Yeah, I have signatures turned on on my mac, but if I'm browsing on mobile I can't see anybody's signatures even though I have them turned on in settings.

• Like x 2
  19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

yeah, espc for my transformers whose frames and hmas are linked there

• Like x 2
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I hadn't yet, but dang, that's a good idea and I just might start doing that. The real question: can we put spoiler tags in a signature?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice