Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I love all this speculation and rn I have nothing of use to actually add except the fact that I now have an entire folder on my bookmarks bar entitled 'BURY ME IN SPACEROCK HELL'

You are all terrible enablers and I love each and every one of you <3

• Like x 5
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

!!!!!

• Like x 7
  3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Has this been in this thread before? I don't remember.

• Like x 3
  4. *gives up on trying to catch up with this thread after a week of not having enough brain to fandom*

A tag rant I wrote and thought I'd share with you all:
    #this is me tho#and that's what bothered me about people dissing rose's reaction to garnet#esp. saying it's a sign of darkness or some shit#no#not pretending to have a connection with someone that you don't have is being kind#not lying to them is being kind#honesty is often a sign of caring#even blunt or hurtful honestly#so fuck all yall#this is how i care too

• Like x 8
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I just read a post where someone decided that the present seen in the leaked promo contained Jasper's gem, and wow how utterly fucked would that be? Dudebro said it all excitedly, too, That post was chock full of shout poles.

Dunno where I'm going with this, I'm just kinda reeling, Confused and mildly creeped out.

• Like x 5
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Yeesh, that would be a whole different kind of fucked up than either Peridot or Lapis usually is. :PPP

• Like x 2
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

...Is it bad that I wouldn't complain if that were the case? Because that would be gloriously fucked up and when this show gets fucked up (I'm still fucking amazed by the implications we've been getting regarding Pearls) it gets all the more wonderful.

Plus, it's not like Lapis would be the first character in this series to straight-up try to kill someone. Hell, it seemed to be implied that Rose and Pearl have actually killed other Gems--though granted, that was in the context of a war.

...Which they kind of started, strictly speaking, even if it was for a damn good reason, so maybe that's actually way worse.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like x 4
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

also crossposting my incredibly metal, tragic Pearl v. Pearl dream over here

• Like x 9
  9. PotteryWalrus

• Like x 2
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

look at what just popped into my head:

life and death and love and birth
    and peace and war on the website tumblr
    is there anything that's worth more
    than peace and love on the website tumblr

i was repeating the "it's a pattern" line in my head as a result of thinking about some tumblr stuff and then boom - that happened!
    so yeah... figured i drop this in the thread
    (tumblr really needs some peace and love, amiright?)

• Like x 7
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Tumblr needs to actually take the show's lessons to heart in general.

• Like x 5
  12. PotteryWalrus

You know, I'm rewatching Jail Break for like the billionth time, and I'm just thinking about how wonderful it must have been for Sapphire, to be able to use her foresight in a situation in combat. I swear blind Garnet is dodging a microsecond before Jasper even moves, but it's not perfect - I expect the Ruby side of her is more used to handling fights, and it was a very Ruby way in which she just rushed Jasper in the first place and got them both poofed.

Also - ('I can't SEE!') makes me still want to snuggle them both. I'm so glad that Sapphire got to foresee a combat situation where they were going to win.

• Like x 5
  13. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

What do you mean by "blind Garnet"?

14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I think the phrase is meant to read "I - swear blind - Garnet" ...

15. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Oh, never heard that turn of phrase before, heh.

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

it's not super common. :)

17. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i found an interview with aivi & surasshu (the music team for steven universe) linked on the crewniverse's tumblr, and it is very cute and also interesting but also i didn't know that they were married and they describe themselves as a "permafusion" and that is the cutest thing i've read today. enjoy this fact with me.

• Like x 9
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

tangite just posted this and i laughed really loud out of surprise.

the link goes to this:
    lapis comoc 1.png lapis comoc 2.png lapis comoc 3.png lapis comoc 4.png

• Like x 2
  19. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Yellow Diamond's Pearl is a delight. Servants do derive status from the status of their masters, after all! Anyone who knows anything about the world would expect to see some Pearls who enjoy making life difficult for Gems who may technically outrank them but don't have their connections. And her secretarial-type position gives her a lot of control over access to this very powerful person- she's a powerful Gem! And she gets pissed when you threaten that by bypassing her! And I just generally love the fact that this asshole exists. :D

• Like x 15
  20. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

On the subject of dreams, I had one last night that Rebecca Sugar and the Crewniverse decided to scrap the show entirely and remake it, and the remake was horrible. It was like a B-movie version of itself. And somehow all the copies of the first show got destroyed so no one could watch it anymore, and everyone was just wandering around in the streets watching the remake blare on these big screens because the TVs wouldn't play anything else.
    *theatrical shudder*

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice