TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

OK, thanks! I may check that out later :)

• Like x 1
  2. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

"I don't want to be me anymore" plus "I want to be part of a real team" plus "I need to be stronger" plus "somebody hold me"

Now think of a continuity in which Ruination, the Wreckers combiner, existed. The Wreckers, each of them somewhere between "I want to save the world" and "I want to die fighting, but I'll settle for dying".
    And Ruination, made of Impactor, Top Spin, Twin Twist, Roadbuster, and Whirl. Imagine them as a combiner. Imagine them having been a combiner.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

So I've posted here before about how some of my modeling work, I'm handling nodes, SOOOO many nodes, and it makes me giggle because I am as mature as a kindergartener

WELL

I'm updating a powerpoint, and guys

SO MUCH PLUG AND PLAY

It's everywhere. I can't handle this. Why is this happening to me. Why can't I just do my job without accidentally stepping in transformers xeno ;-;

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 2
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

speaking of transformers xeno, a TV ad called me out recently:

• Winner x 3
  5. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Unfortunately when you use real words as euphemisms this happens. This fandom has ruined so many words. So. Many

• Agree x 2
  6. spockandawe

Shortly after I got into homestuck, I ended up in a long, long conversation with an old friend about the merits of various e-readers. I've never said 'nook' so much in my life. And my friend knew about me and my silly xeno terminology, so he was just snickering at me the whole time.

And my work here has done lots with valves too, let's just look at this system with twenty valves of various sizes and enter allll of them into the model and oh look they conveniently gave me their exact dimensions and everything. The nodes are more of a thing within a piece of software, but they're so.... small and clickable. They look way too close to the xeno thing. Never even mind system overload junk, etc. But oh man, less on the nose than plug and play, but embarrassingly specific

I've been on a major sounding kick lately, which is a silly silly thing to talk about even with humans and real life anatomy terms. But in most transformers fic that I've encountered so far, if they pick a word for the-thing-you-sound, they pick... channel. My latest project that I'm working on is ALL CHANNELS. All channels all the time, enough that I'm hitting semantic satiation for 'channels', I'm trying to model this very dry, very boring system and the many, many channels that make it up, and all I can think about is oh hey channels like in that one fic with Drift and Ratchet and-- NOPE, NOPE, ABORT. Focus on work. Or what about that story with Bob and Sunstreaker and Ratchet or the other one with Shockwave and Blurr or that was that other one with Starscream or oooh there was also the one with Brainstorm--

The worst ;u; The bestworst. I'm cracking myself up, but also I am spending all these work hours thinking about giant robots getting kinky. And my cubicle wall is covered with transformers keychains, which isn't helping manners. Prowl is looking disapprovingly at me. Dishonor on me, dishonor on my family, dishonor on my cow--

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Witnessed x 5
    • Like x 2
  7. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Honestly 'nook' still gets me. It's been 10000 years. But this is what I get for being an awful xeno smutmonger.

• Agree x 6
  8. spockandawe

MEGAROD CROSS-STITCH, EYYYYY

[​IMG]

And it's huge because I am an idiot and never actually translate numbers into the real world before I dive in. And I love how this came out. Nominally this is supposed to be a present for the artist (larrydraws), and it's very sad giving it away, but... she told me that the post service is really sketchy in russia so I might not want to mail her things.... but I already sent a cross-stitch present to her girlfriend, and SYMMETRY.........

Realistically, I'll probably mail this to herz, since I know that went through successfully, and she can give it to larry next time they meet up. And I'll just bury myself in my next project, also by the same artist, continuing my trend of lovingly cross-stitching all the biggest, biggest assholes to decorate my wall (getaway). But first, lord do I need to catch up on art and writing. When I get Like This over cross-stitch, doing the projects is really satisfying, but it's so frustrating how much falls by the wayside. Like feeding myself, sleeping, yeah, whatever, but I haven't been able to write fanfiction??? UNACCEPTABLE.

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 2
  9. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Mailing it to Herz sounds like a good plan! And god, it turned out gorgeous! :mpsa:

• Like x 1
  10. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Jesus christ spock that's amazing and I want you to imagine that I had to pick my jaw of the floor because that's pretty much what happened.
    How long did that take you?

• Like x 1
  11. spockandawe

Hahaha, thank you!! I've had it going for a couple months, working on and off! When I hyperfocus long-term, I can usually get one of these done in a month or so, though this one might have taken a little longer with the size and color depth. I've got the getaway pretty significantly started already (because I'm not going to travel with white fabric that's meant to be a present, so the obvious solution is to start ANOTHER oversized project :V), but I really want to take some time for art and writing, so I'm not sure how long that one will take me. And Sarah Stone's Ironfist and Superion still call to me, plus the chart I did myself of Prowl's dumb Prowl face, because what is a sense of reasonable workload and why would I want one ;u;

12. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

@spockandawe
    That sure is a workload alright. Best of luck?

13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Just crossposting from the rec room in case anyone's interested in joining.

14. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Where's the stream held?

15. Petra

Petra space case

I really love the character development Arcee has been getting. Although it sort of feels like fixating on one person as her only friend isn't super new for her, this is at least a new way of her to show it.

Man Optimus Prime keeps repeatedly screwing the pooch on Earth in increasingly bad ways. The Junkion invasion is worldwide? Good going, dipshit, Earth is maybe a decade out from ONE alien robot invasion that almost completely toppled everything and now you've brought another one down on them. YOU did. Because the Junkions wouldn't be so spiteful towards Earth if YOU hadn't been doing your damndest to tell everyone how allied Cybertron was with Earth. You know, Cybertronians, the species with literally no friends and a lot of powerful space enemies? That Cybertron? Waving a flag around and pointing at Earth? That's a bad fucking idea, dude, bc now everyone else will think of Cybertron's repeated xenocides when looking at Earth, who hasn't done any xenocides at all. And all you can say is 'well I'm a very reactive person. Everyone is reactive if you think about it.' NO OPTIMUS SOME PEOPLE DO PLANS. PLANS. YOU KNOW THOSE THING? PLANS?

Marissa pulls off the 'flowing white sundress in the middle of an alien invasion' look p well.

The juxtaposition of 'They're not going to listen, their kind never does' and 'I believed in equality' is a good way to underscore Optimus as an unreliable narrator. I mean. He WAS a cop with a lot of integrity. But he was never unbiased.

'His methods were vicious, which attracted followers like Starscream' wow, fuck you OP. Starscream is p vicious, but not the most vicious decepticon by far. Why talk about him and not like... Tarn? I guess Starscream and Soundwave are both inner circle, but so was Shockwave. IDK, it just seems like a weird primary descriptor for Starscream to me, even tho it was for a comparison to the past.

• Like x 2
  16. Verily

The stream will be held via Rabbit. I don't thiiink you should need an account to view? I'll post a link to the stream itself in the rec room thread when I open it. I can @ you when I do.

• Like x 1
  17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Yes to all of this!
    Also,
    I'm SO PROUD of Pyra Magna for standing up to Optimus, and calling him out on his hypocritical bullshit. Also, it may just be me, but I thought the injury she did to his faceplate was a callback to a similar injury that happened earlier in the comic line?? I don't remember where though.

I also am a big fan of Aileron's development in particular- look how far she's come! She was a hotheaded zealot not three issues ago and now she's gotten some semblance of a more mature mindset, even going so far as to question the Prime she was blindly following before.

But my favorite part of the issue is without question the Thundercracker/Fairborne relationship. They've just departed on an Epic Buddy Roadtrip, and Thundercracker has advanced to the point where he's just casually leaning on Marissa regarding her relationship with her absentee father, and convinces her to face her problems?! GOOD STUFF GOOD STUFF. I'm most interested to see where their relationship goes from here- she's now admitted that she's completely given up hope of saving Earth. What will happen to them next??

Also, WHERE THE FUCK IS SUNSTREAKER. Did he just vanish? HIS BROTHER IS DYING.

• Like x 2
  18. Verily

One more announcement just for good measure! We're about to watch the Transformers 1986 animated movie. Join us here if you like: https://www.rabb.it/x993

19. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

This is it. My masterpiece, folks. It's all downhill from here -

Luna-99

panel1.png
    panel2.png
    panel3.png
    panel4.png
    panel5.png
    panel6.png
    panel7.png

For context - this Brooklyn 99 bit has been haunting me all day

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
  20. Pix

Pix Active Member

@spockandawe Have you seen this? Its a huge (18k) essay on Megatron and possible abusive patterns / behaviors towards Rodimus, with comic scans supporting the points. I only got partway through I had to stop because sadness! but I remembered you were writing something about the parallels between Rodimus and Starscream?

Anyway I thought it would be interesting if you hadn't seen it yet

Edit: My computer just glitched as I posted this, I hope it doesn't go through twice or something >_>

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice