TFs: DARE TO BE STUPID

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by itsAlana, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I actually really want to discuss literary criticism and philosophy with Ultra Magnus. I'm not sure what school he would subscribe to. What he describes sounds maybe closer to like Biblical scholarship than theories I'm much familiar with, though I'm not super knowledgeable. It at least sounds pre-structuralist. I wonder how he'd respond to structuralism and post-structuralism.

• Agree x 4
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I say it every single time I reread MTMTE: talk xenolinguistics to me, Magsy
    I would probably do actual murder for a full lorebuild of the various Cybertronian languages, instead of plain relexes into three different "alphabets" that somehow have all remained static over 7 million+ years. (Assuming the timeline/history given in MTMTE 1 is accurate, Nova Prime left on the Ark 6mya, and that was a good ways into his reign; and, say, Galvatron is still perfectly intelligible to modern bots despite having left when Nova did and remaining in the Dead Universe. You could argue that maaaaybe Cyclonus and/or the Sweeps bring modern languages back, but Galvatron isn't exactly the scholarly type. Dark Hasbro give me the forbidden language drift)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Sounds philologically delicious to me.

4. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Speaking of languages, I just realized today that it's extremely possible that the Combaticons are all fluent in Korean

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  5. spockandawe

I almost went to bed at a reasonable time. Luckily I found a way to fix that! :V

(X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)

redux (megatron).jpg

trap (whirl).jpg

reese (rung).jpg

falsecreek (tailgate).jpg

angelic (anode).jpg

fairground (cyclonus).jpg

solo (whirl).jpg

liar (tailgate).jpg

frozen (megatron, whirl).jpg

tiger (tailgate).jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Well I thought I'd got my feels to a state of equilibrium but OW.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  7. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

SPOCK WHY MUST YOU HURT ME THIS WAY

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW

• Like x 1
  9. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Okay, @spockandawe, that body one is highly applicable and I love it

asofterheadmaster.png

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  10. coldstars

Spock enabled this, so now everyone gets to suffer through the worst and most terrible of my creations...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  11. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

hI UH. I JUST FINISHED READING MTMTE. WHAT DO I DO NOW???

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. spockandawe

Have you also read Lost Light? That is the sequel series! That I still tend to call mtmte, just because continuity is easier, so I'm not sure exactly which end point you have hit. It continues straight on from mtmte 55, just starting with a new name at issue #1 so as to not intimidate new readers, I guess.

OH and there is MTMTE Revolution, which is stored away from the ongoing issues and is part of a crossover even which is stupid, but this one-shot stands mostly stands on its own, and it is about the scavengers, and crankcase gets an internet boyfriend and I love it.

After that, the next logical step is exRiD, the series that was Robots In Disguise, then got renamed The Transformers (circa issue... 30?), and then at issue 55 it stopped running under that name and continued as Optimus Prime 1, the same way MTMTE -> LL happened. But with the most generic, impossible-to-search name ever conceived by hasbro minds XD This ongoing starts off slow-ish, but it's got some real interesting stuff going on, like Prowl and STARSCREAM and eventually Thundercracker, and I don't love it as much as mtmte, but I still love it a lot.

The reading order for exRiD gets complicated, but it's straightforward up until the mid-thirties. It splits off one ongoing-- that stopped after four issues. There are a couple crossover events. And also another branched ongoing that continues the first one, but which is going to stop after 12 issues (it's at 10 now). Once you hit exRiD 55 in there, there's a 'titans return' crossover event that covers all three ongoing series that's actually decent, but it is... confusing without the relevant backstory. I can collect links at some point if you need them!

• Informative x 2
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm good! I suspected what's next is heading straight into lost light, yeah, but i figured i'd give myself a day before i officially Catch Up and have to deal with no being able to know what happens next yet

boy what a good though! I read the last like.. 12ish? issues of mtmte today all in a row and i hate a lot of feelings. most of those feelings are how much i love megatron

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. spockandawe

OuO

Not to spoil anything, but, after you catch up on lost light, you might want to do some backreading in the thread to catch up on some discussion about Recent Developments frommmm... call it page 401 or so.

• Agree x 2
  15. coldstars

I can't seem to shut up about Lost Light 7 and now medieval romance (despite the fact that my memory of medieval romance themes is sketchy after three years)

And Killmaster is still Lord English, sorry, I don't make the rules

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  16. spockandawe

I'm so tired. Filled with so many regrets. Filled with so much hand pain.

And it's only months late, but this sucker is DONE.

Starscream/Windblade/Bumblebee, 20k, nsfw, ghost sex the second. I'm so, so tired.

(but every time i get to break in a new ship tag, i am pretty pleased with myself. that will comfort me as I drag my corpse to work in a few hours)

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

On one hand, Spock get some sleep
    On the other hand: genuine fucking thank you for writing this

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
  18. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

New TAAO! Spock got that fic out just in time.

Airachnid really does her job well, huh.

Two patterns of energy at once. Um. I think that deep, dim soul of a star was onto something there.

Also the art here, man. Just the lighting and shadows is great, I can practically see how this would play out animated...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STARSCREAM.

But oh my GOD. OH MY GOD.

So is Windblade's mindscape Caminus, or Metroplex, or a mixture? Also I love her getting bigger and fancier as she fights
    Hahaha ow

!!!!IS STARSCREAM GONNA GO INSIDE WINDBLADE'S MIND TO HELP HER I AM SO ABOUT THIS

• Like x 5
  19. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I'm not even halfway through the TAAO update and I must scream

• Witnessed x 2
  20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

IT'S SO GOOD!!! IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD!!!
    it's like literally all of the developments I've been craving in this series are ALL HAPPENING AT ONCE AND IT'S OVERWHELMING.
    upload_2017-7-5_14-35-33.png
    just, Starscream is getting all the development I've wanted and WINDBLADE ISN'T DEAD.
    I'm just gonna go roll around on the floor for a bit.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice