The name's Jake

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by Jake, May 22, 2015.

1. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

your doggies sound so cute I wish I could see them, also please enlighten me with your knowledge on the Netherlands i'd love to hear !

• Like x 1
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Squid are so cool. I grew up watching documentaries about them and stuff like that because my dad also thinks squid are great. My mom prefers octopi.
    Jellyfish are wicked cool though.

3. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

fascinating ^_^ what else do you like? what do you do for fun?

• Like x 1
  4. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I posted their pics in this thread: https://kintsugi.seebs.net/threads/stories-about-pets.561/#post-20656

Have a look! You can also see everyone else's pets. It's the cutest thread ever!

Hahahah, be careful what you ask for! Not now though, I'm sitting in my bathtub typing this out, and I'm going to go to bed soon. But I'll give you this tidbit: we were occupied by Spain for a short while and eventually we freed ourselves with the power of pirates (the 'watergeuzen' - river pirates) and flooding! When we were liberated, we set up a type of republic - it consisted of semi-independent provinces, each with their own government, and a central government with a senate (Staten Generaal) for all the provinces to represent each other. In a time where almost every country was some form of a monarchy, a principality, a county or a duchy this was pretty unique! So a little bit like how the US organises itself today - the Federal government and the governments states have. Except we didn't have a 'president' figure, only the leader of the most powerful province being a bully to the other provinces.

And one more fun anecdote: The Netherlands is the official name of the country, but a lot of other countries also know it as Holland. This was because Holland was by far the richest and most powerful of all the other provinces in the country (I can't remember how many there were in total - 7?) and was the one that dealt with foreign powers. The Dutch East India Company had its head offices in Holland, and gave the province enough clout to bully over the others. :)

• Like x 1
  5. emythos

I like mysteries, for one thing. Particularly Agatha Christie ones. I write my own stuff, which at some point I'm gonna get up the courage to post in the writing thread. I love doing fancy makeup, even if I end up looking ridiculously girly. I used to draw a lot in highschool, but I didn't really have time too recently. I like sewing, but I don't do it a lot, sadly.

• Like x 1
  6. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

First off your dogs are precious and second off I always wondered why it was also called Holland thanks for the info :D have a good night and please message me again soon, next time when I'm a less occupied id like to share my knowledge about Lithuania with you ^_^

• Like x 1
  7. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

well if you ever do post your writing I would be happy to read it, always up for a good mystery story :) also you do make up? that is so cool ! I wish I had the talent for such things

• Like x 1
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

9. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

There's actually quite a few of us around here. Cephalopods tend to attract brainweird people, in my admittedly biased experience. I know for me, I attached really hard to octopus and never let go.

• Like x 2
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Hello there! My housemate and good friend is schizophrenic so I understand at least a bit of what kind of hell that can be.

11. emythos

First I've gotta get my characters to cooperate XD I've got three going, and I'm hitting writer's block.
    It's really fun! If you wanna try, you should start by looking up tutorials on youtube.

12. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

OMG THE FIRST PIC IS THE STOPLIGHT LOOSEJAW THERE WAS A POINT IN MY LIFE WHERE I WAS OBSESSED WITH THEM :D:D:D BUT ALL THE PICS ARE GREAT YES THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THIS ok excitement shouting is over now lol

• Like x 2
  13. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

what do you mean by brainweird people

14. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

thank you for responding to my schitz comment, I wish I could speak to this roommate of yours though

15. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

I used to write but honestly I enjoy leaving it to the ones with the actual talent for it, so I stay in my lane and read

16. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

General term for neurodivergent folks.

17. emythos

XD always need more readers

18. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

yes my friend just explained it to me XD

19. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Heya, glad to meet you.

20. Jake

Jake boy howdy!

hey there its nice to meet you to how are you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice