The Twilight World

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. The Queen of Cups

The Queen of Cups What A Lovely Tale

The Queen waits, then smiles at Mica. "...good. Are you ready to meet little Mutt? They have done us quite the service."

• Like x 1
  2. Mica Kluss

Mica Kluss I have seen what the darkness does

"What kind of a name is Mutt?" Mica asks. "No, never mind. I just want to know the truth about what happened to me. Arie always said that what came out of the woods wasn't who went in, and it sounds like she's right. What am I? What is this?"

• Like x 1
  3. The Queen of Cups

"...Mutt is the name they've always had, a far as I know," she replies pleasantly, motioning for Mica to follow. "And I'm not the one who made you, just the one who decided your other half - and you - have a story worth seeing through."

She walks, heading into the maze of crystaline plants. "And you are a curious little character, " she says happily. "One that's half-fetched and half soul, it's so delightful. I can't wait to see what happens when you reunite."

• Like x 1
  4. Mica Kluss

Mica crosses his arms and almost starts to say something, but then follows. "You haven't explained anything."

5. The Queen of Cups

"What is there to explain?" She chuckles.

6. Mica Kluss

"You said you didn't make me. So who did? Do you know why I was made? What's a fetch, and what does it mean that I'm half whatever it is?"

• Like x 1
  7. The Queen of Cups

"Well, a fetch is what we replace people with." She waves a hand. "I have one, myself - I wanted to see how my life would go!"

She turns, grinning from ear to ear, eyes black as pitch, walking backwards and speaking cheerily. "And it means you're a very interesting case! You're not human, not anymore - none of you are, though it could be argued! And. Well. You're not completely touched by the fae, either..." She stretches out a hand, touching Mica's chest. "The one who made both of you what you are split you into two halves - "

She pulls a crystal ball from the air, twists it, neatly breaking it into two perfect halves. "Then filled the leftover space with fetchstuff..."

The halves of clear crystal each gain a shadowy second half.

"And then he sent one of you home, and kept the other in Arcadia! A fantastic experiment!"

• Like x 1
  8. Mica Kluss

Mica frowns. "An experiment." Does that explain the wings? He doesn't want to ask about them; he's not sure how much she knows about him.

9. The Queen of Cups

"Yes! A lovely idea, I'm sad I didn't think of it myself." She pushes a door that appears from nowhere open, leading into a room that looks... lived in...

There are a lot of knives, in here. "Here we are!"

10. Mica Kluss

"Oh." He doesn't like the look of this place, but he doesn't think he's got any choice now. He walks into the room after only a moment's hesitation.

11. The Queen of Cups

"Now, wait here."

The door shuts behind them and the Queen calmly brushes some of Mica's hair from his eyes. "Don't be too nervous, I'm sure it will all be fine. Who wouldn't be happy to meet their other half, especially a nice boy like you?"

She's completely sincere, he can feel it in his bones, the confidence seeping into him. "I can't wait to see the look on Mutt's face!" She gives a happy giggle, whirling towards the door and pulling it open to reveal a thickly carpeted hallway. "I'll only be a moment!"

• Like x 1
  12. The Queen of Cups

13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Continued from here

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The hall smells of delicious food, and Nul... clearly... has never seen anything like this before.

15. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

"Is this - can we eat any of this?" There's so much food; the choices are overwhelming and he just stands there, unable to decide even where to start.

16. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

"...uh. yeah. That's what it's here for, kid." Even tilts his head.

17. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

Legion waits a few minutes, then, when Nul gives no sign of picking food, grabs a platter and loads it up with bits from a wide variety of dishes before pushing it into his hands. "Start with this. Go clockwise from here." She taps the plate, near a pile of vegetables that have a hint of brown sugar on them.

18. Nul

Nul Who the hell is Mica?

Nul eats until he's sure he can't eat any more.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice