thread origination derail

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Athol Magarac, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Oh, you're not here to be my advisors, you won't let anyone else see what's going on, you're just going to keep silencing me until I figure out how to behave better than everybody else without giving consistent guidelines.

@Kathy Jones I don't think I can initiate PM, but I can respond unless the mods want to dehumanize me some more by taking that away.

2. Athol Magarac

3. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

Sure. I mean, no, that's not reality, but you're allowed to think that.

• Agree x 2
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

• Agree x 1
  5. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

It probably means she has signatures turned off like I do.

• Informative x 2
  6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i think she cant see your signature rn - that setting is off by default iirc

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

also, i should say: my words come again from reactions to Your Words, not anyone elses. i am cautious around you and generally view you negatively solely for your actions and reactions. i'm probably going to be bad and be assuming bad faith in 90%+ of your interactions with this site until i actually like. see more than 1-2 things a week that feel like good faith, the lack of reality grasping notwithstanding. this ain't from the mods, it ain't from people talking about or around you. it's specifically from the words that come from you. even when your name changed and i didn't realize it was you at first, i still noped, so it's not as if your account is cursed.

• Agree x 6
  8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

We've tried to advise you many times, we've offered a lot of detailed explanations of why things are problems, and you just sorta disregard it if you don't like it or agree.

You continue being allowed to post lots of things, even lots of highly critical things, so I don't think you're being silenced.

You aren't expected to behave "better than everyone else", but you're expected to behave at all decently towards other people, and this is apparently a bit much. And there are pretty solid guidelines. They're just guidelines that you can only follow by actually thinking about the other posters as people who matter.

• Agree x 3
  9. prismaticvoid

ahhh, gotcha
    meh, I have invested the maximum amount of effort I am willing to invest in appeasing people who don't care about me

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. Athol Magarac

I takes a lot of effort to see your sig, especially with... I don't think that's the lovecraft's diary font but it's kinda cthuluesque.

11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

it says changeling defense squad in i think a fictional typeface, it's a trollhunters fan thing iirc, the they/them thing is above that

• Like x 2
  12. prismaticvoid

sorry for apparent confusion
    just, y'know, ask next time

• Agree x 4
  13. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

If being calmly and politely corrected about a simple mistake is too much to handle, the problem isn't on the part of the people doing the correcting.

• Agree x 11
  14. Athol Magarac

It went through at a time of high-stress. Maybe you missed the part where I asked for it months ago and reiterated my request because I thought the mods were committing a micro-aggression against me?

Honestly, I can't seem to find a middle-ground between feeling attacked all of the time and apologizing for being a sub-human. I'm already below human when people drive me down further and then accuse me of not being humble enough.

To drag things to another topic... and I'd appreciate a poke about looking it up... Are you talking about people dressing up in colonial-era garb as living-history?

... I wasn't aware that First People stopped dressing that way like Europeans stopped dressing that way... there was some sort of Scottish Military in kilts and I thought that was ^only done for very ceremonial purposes outside of historical reenactment^ It wasn't just the rootbeer, I thought that First Nation people were doing historic garb the same way that the European people were doing colonial-wear.

15. Athol Magarac

Fine, how do I complain about you without being accused of this that and the other thing?

16. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

I believe that statement was in response to the pronoun thing.
    Which, you owe spock an apology for, because she's stated her pronouns multiple times for you and the information is there. Saying she is being 'uppity' about them is extremely rude.

• Agree x 9
  17. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

i dont know why you're apologizing for being subhuman when you're not and im not rlly interested in figuring out why you feel like you are bc i ain't a therapist nor am i that invested, my dude. good luck w/ that tho.

also ive got no idea what in the world you're talking about, and again i'm not rlly interested in figuring it out. :V

• Agree x 5
  18. rigel

rigel in a line of late afternoon sun

start with apologizing when people tell you that they were hurt by your words. other people telling you that you hurt them isn't them attacking you. try to understand where they're coming from. do research.

when people tell you that you hurt them, don't bring up how you feel like you're subhuman, it switches the topic and makes them feel like they need to comfort you, instead of address the actual problem.

you feeling subhuman is your own issue. get therapy.

• Agree x 11
  19. Athol Magarac

The "ive got no idea what in the world you're talking about, and again i'm not rlly interested in figuring it out" is a good level of dismissive. Would other people be comfortable if I took this stance? It's itchy, but also kinda comfortable.

20. Kathy

Kathy Well-Known Member

You need to take a break I think. You seem to be getting pretty aggressive and prickly and that's not going to help you out with anything here rn. Do some self care stuff.

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice