Undertale - Pet dogs and date a skeleton!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Piratical, Sep 20, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I sure as fuck didn't catch this, but somebody else pointed it out.

ASRIEL DREEMUR

SERIAL MURDERER

ETA

it also makes it funnier when we see Toriel being pissed at Asgore in the ending, and distancing herself by calling him Dreemur. Since his willingness to kill children was kinda the reason they split up.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Like x 6
  2. swirlingflight

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i'm laughing way too hard help

• Like x 1
  4. swirlingflight

So there's this one theory about Sans and Papyrus and Gaster that I'm fond of.

The theory is that Gaster created the two of them, by taking out small pieces of his souls and growing them... possibly in the skeletons of human remains, or possibly they just grew to be skeletons like him.

And, since monsters basically are their souls, those two holes in Gaster's hands are where he took the bits of souls. Papyrus from his left hand, Sans from his right. Because that would make Sans...

his right-hand man.

I'm especially pleased by the joke because I hadn't even read the comic when I was in a chat where people were throwing around the "maybe Gaster grew them out of bits from his soul" theory, and I independently tossed out "what if the holes in his hands because right-hand man". And I saw a third person independently come to the theory.

It's just... so perfect. So beautiful.

• Like x 3
  5. IvyLB

yes
    100%
    yes
    papa gaster is my favorite thing ever

6. IvyLB

also another thing i'm literally working on a uni presentatio on undertale in the next few weeks and i wanna see about whether or not i can post it here? it will be about sans' boss fight =)

• Like x 2
  7. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I am increasingly annoyed that those super special hard mode/au "Omega Sans" fights/designs people are coming up with aren't called Sans Seraph :V

• Like x 9
  8. IvyLB

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!

• Like x 1
  9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

For the other Mother 3 fans out there, this person on Reddit is playing through Mother 3 for the first time and just so happened to name the characters very apt names.

Tanetane Island is going to be even more of a mindfuck for them than it already is!

• Like x 2
  10. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

i'm actually playing through mother 3 for the first time myself because of undertale

i'm going in completely blind and i can already time this game is designed to kick me in the emotions a lot more than earthbound did

• Like x 1
  11. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@Ipuntya we'll be here with tissues at ready when you need them. (And we might need a Mother 3 thread...)

12. swirlingflight

I continue to be so fucking impressed at some of these.

• Like x 3
  13. IvyLB

WOAH how great
    fuckin incredible jazz is so hard

14. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

• Like x 1
  15. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

so i'm rewatching the last videos of voidburger's pacifist playthrough, i was there when she streamed the last few bosses but still have to watch the rest since I left the stream early. anyway, spoilers:

you know the lost souls part of the Asriel fight? For whatever reason, Undyne's first attack hits me in the feels, man. Possibly because of how many times I saw it in my first playthrough, since I kept dying before I knew you had to run away. So seeing that attack again (I wanna say it's exactly the same, haven't checked tho) is like, i don't even know, it just gets me. (I hope I haven't mentioned this before, that'd be funny to just come in like "hey! i still think a thing is cool!")

It's weird but I love how attack patterns come back, and how you can see characterization through attacks. Like that one thing in the library says how monsters express themselves thru magic, even if it felt pretty jokey (bullet pattern birthday cards!). And then there's stuff like asgore and toriel sharing attack patterns, sans and papyrus do too, snowdrake's mom's bullets are a mess... augh this GAME! now I'm just gonna lie awake thinking about how toriel's turn ends as soon as one of her bullets hits you, and papyrus has a really long invincibility period because he doesn't want to kill you, and he stops mid-attack when he knocks you down to 1hp, and how he can go as fast as Sans does (he has a few bones that nyoom in to catch you off guard) but he dials things back because duh, he's not trying to murder you! he wants to be friends! anyway, there's probably other examples that i'm missing

in other news, it took me a month and a half but i finally stopped dragging my feet and finished the true pacifist ending. i'd spoiled myself for pretty much everything but some of the last dialogue, so i was like "nooo i don't wanna leave" but a cool thing about undertale, i guess, is that you do have to move on. idk i'm tired, does that need to go behind a spoiler? anyway, i'm going to bed lmao

• Like x 7
  16. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

it just occurred to me that I've never seen anyone write Toriel + Napstablook being friends, even though there's cause for it. why would they go all the way from waterfall to the ruins, just for a nap? they said that they chose the ruins because there weren't other people, but there's plenty of monsters down there, if they wanted to be alone, there are better places for it. if they used to know Toriel from being a snail farmer, ages ago, then maybe they decided to visit? or intended to visit and lost their nerve

or maybe they're just visiting the practice dummy ghost. (does Toriel know there's a ghost in there?? has it become fully corporeal? what is your story, mute ghost)

• Like x 5
  17. swirlingflight

Toriel's so stern and cranky at the first Froggit that you meet that I assume she just doesn't talk to anybody else in the ruins. That's a cute idea, though. Blooky saw her and recognized her and kept oh no......................ing away from actually talking to her.

• Like x 5
  18. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Seems like there must have been discussion on this but I don't care to go through the whole thread- has there been speculation/discussion on what classpects the Undertale characters would be in Sburb/Sgrub? I'd be curious to read it. :3

19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

@The Mutant Not sure about this thread, but there was some over at the crossover thread, on page 6.

Also...

I started doing an actual obliteration run. When I first finished Undertale, I thought I never would. Then I ended up starting one purely to see what happens if you spare Papyrus and then go pacifist for the rest of the run. Now I'm actually doing a proper obliteration run, and.

I'm in Waterfall, and I had planned to go to the last save point before Undyne the Undying, before grinding to kill however many were left - and I knew it wasn't many. Then I saw this:
    [​IMG]
    Which. Yikes. That's unnerving. Especially because I've never seen it before, in other people's obliteration LPs. Probably because they remembered to actually kill everything first. Also, not sure if this happens no matter how many you have left, or if it only happens when you have just a few left, or if it only happens when you have 1 left.

Creepy.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    • Like x 4
  20. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

@garden
    wow that is creepy, although from what i've heard it pops up if you have any left at all. so it might say like, "strongly felt 9 left" or however many, since once you fight the area boss enemies stop spawning. so i think if you move on then the route becomes neutral. apparently you also get a message if you ignore the "X left" message and move on without clearing the area, but i haven't looked it up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice