Video Games You Wish Existed

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Like, if I had better programming skills and the source code, I could probably make PZ into that kind of game. The models are all already there, and there's already an "infected" system (you just die at the end, always, since there's no antidote, WHICH COULD BE FIXED). It isn't round based, but again, all things that could be added/changed. Lemme take a look at the game's workings. I'll get back to you because I may be able to make your dreams a reality

• Like x 2
  2. Technicality

Good news! Project Zomboid's modding language is in Java! And I know Java! I have school and other stuff to deal with ATM, but I'll try to cook something up when I have some free time. Because I like this idea too.

• Like x 3
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

.....oh my god you are the best holy crap YES

• Like x 1
  4. Technicality

Thanks! :D I may start a thread in Make it So for modding stuff, just so I don't spam this thread with updates. Plus, I may want to make more. One last thing: It's going to take a while. Maybe a few weeks or even months, depending on how much free time I have. I do like the idea, but I've never really made anything larger than a text adventure with Java, or any language for that matter. But I hope at the end I can make something that you can enjoy. Oh, and if you don't own the game yet, you might want to pick it up. Even without mods, it's pretty fun to play. Reminds me of the original Fallout games a bit, but with permadeath and zombies. And whenever I do get around to making this, you will need a copy to play it anyways so you should.
    Anyway! Off to my own thread! And, shortly thereafter, to bed because it's getting late where I am

5. chaoticArbiter

that's fine honestly!! I still gotta get the game first :P but it does sound cool, and now with the idea of the mod I'm like ".....well, I need it"
    also I will probably show up and sit in that thread. mods are my jam, and I wish I knew how to make them.

• Like x 1
  6. Technicality

Made! Follow that thread at your own risk, as there will be lots of spam. I will try to keep people in the loop about how their stuff is going, but that does mean that there will be many, many posts.

7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

A video game where you're a mage, discovering more magic.
    And you can use the magic to improve people's lives or make it worse. And you can do that with every type of magic-even necromancy can be helpful!

But you have to get the materials needed-so like. Trying to mine/trade for magic crystals, unless you invent a way of growing them. Rare reagents.

Sometimes you can find old tomes, which imply that something major happened. For example, there's this tome that, if you can translate it, has some discussion on how to create magical animals.
    There's a whole bunch of other stuff that you can only find out with the tomes, too-they generally give the protag scientific knowledge which can then be used in magic-so, for example, 'brains use tiny amounts of electricity', or 'this is what an atom is', or 'this is how lightning happens'.

Eventual implication is that there had been Precursors who tried to magically modify themselves to make themselves inherently not magical, and succeeded, but in doing so erased all their previous society and knowledge.

Also there'd be a way to take apprentices, but they don't have to originally be sapient-you can uplift animals to be magical or nonmagical sapients. So if you want, you can have a cow as your apprentice. Or get a horse to be next in line to the throne, because the King declared he'd make your next apprentice his heir.

You can also create some magical animals, like nonsapient dragons or unicorns or griffons. And then uplift those.

Some creatures can only be made sapient-so if you want a centaur, you'll always get a person-centaur.

Sometimes you'll be able to make one thing and then suddenly a whole lot of things become creatable-for example, you can make a centaur, and then you might from there be able to modify centaurs to have deer/cow/elephant/yak/tiger/whatever lower bodies.

You'd also have a Year Timer. After long enough, control will shift to an apprentice because your previous character got really old and retired.

Eventual goal: magical spaceflight or dimension travel. Either one! Both would be possible.

• Like x 5
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

And now i want it.

9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Isn't that a college campus game?

10. chaoticArbiter

nnnnot exactly? I think my ex played something similar on his campus, but it wasn't exactly what I described.
    plus, it only involved nerf guns.
    I want to be able to wreck buildings and punch people in the face. which only really works in video games. otherwise you will probably be arrested for assault and destruction of property.

• Like x 2
  11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

That also sounds kinda like Urban Dead, which i haven't played but did look into a few years ago.

12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

One of those portal esque puzzle games but all the puzzles are based in linguistics. With a conlang.

it is time to learn to decode languages naughty children

• Like x 2
  13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Is the tutorial level "speak friend and enter"?

• Like x 1
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Yes and it isbjust as infuriatingly sinple.

15. chaoticArbiter

grabby hands

16. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

I still really want a good "it's a city builder but also you have to defend your city" game. Like, Dwarf Fortress is pretty close but has a near-unusable UI, the Tropico games have occasional uprisings but you don't have many defensive options or much control of them because they're not a major mechanic, most of the others that have tried this sort of thing just sort of got abandoned, or weren't very well done, or something.

bonus points if your city is full of cute monstergirls. or monsterboys too i suppose if that is your thing.

Or a thing that is kinda like Stardew Valley, but with tower defense instead of going mining/dungeon crawling. like you build your farms and your workshops, and also you build defense towers and traps, and monsters try to attack your farm and steal your crops but you and your towers beat them up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like x 1
  17. chaoticArbiter

I want a real SBURB

• Like x 2
  18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

So a farmer defending a village of monsterpeople?

Perhaps a monsterperson farmer defending a village of monsterpeople?

• Like x 1
  19. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

monsterperson farmer yes good :3

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Oooh, what if you could pick what type of monsterperson you are, and each type has its advantages and disadvantages?

So like. A bird guy would have less health but won't take fall damage, werewolves can work through the night some days but can't touch silver, stuff like that?

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice