Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Leaving this in General Chatter, because it's not really a forum-admin thing, more a general conversation thing, but stickied so it can be found.

• Like x 4
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Is there a 'where would this go' thread?

3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Do we have a general "share your feelgood stim things" thread? Like those stimboard posts, but a thread.

4. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

Is there a general musical theater thread? I know there's a Hamilton one but I haven't seen any others.

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Somewhere here is a thread for "That thing you saw or read ages ago and thought might not even be real but found" Where the heck did it go?

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

You could mention the thread in the thread!

As in, which thread/forum would a topic be best suited to?

• Like x 3
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That is true!

10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Yes, as in 'which subforum/topic should this go in'.

11. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Would this thread work for that?

Not that I know of. This thread is at least loosely related to that goal, though.

12. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Is there a thread for like, finding partners to RP with on skype or tumblr or somewhere? I know we like, have a roleplay forum and what not but im scared in the way of i'm a multi-para rper and i have no idea what half the stuff in that forum even is (anxiety, basically. it's anxiety)

13. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I've seen people make individual threads for "this is how I do, these are my fandoms, who wants to play with me?", so you might well have some luck doing that.

• Like x 3
  14. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

it might, but those tend to be visually satisfying things, whereas I'm taking more about texture goods, if that makes sense

I was actually surprised that there weren't more stimming threads in the sperg pit (walked two miles carrying books + groceries home, forgive lack of proper forum name).

15. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

(op dropping in to say that 'where would this go if i made it' is totally fine for this thread and part of what i intended when i made it! i'm so glad people are getting good use out of it :'D)

• Like x 3
  16. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

also, interest check (which is another use i'm fine with this thread having): would anyone want to participate in a 'braaaiiins' thread discussing the causes, quirks, etc, of Getting Defensive of Fictional Characters?

17. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

sounds p interesting id be in

• Like x 1
  18. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

i'm down to clown

• Like x 1
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

idea i had on the way over: would people be interested in a "newsroom" thread where people could post or link news stories they found for sourcing/fact-checking/discussion?

• Like x 4
  20. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I think that would be cool. We're sort of doing that on an ad hoc basis in the Dorito Mussolini thread now, but only for articles related to US politics. It would be good to have a non-politics-specific news thread.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice