Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Seconding @Existrum--I'd definitely say Fan Town. At least, that's where all the other live reacts seem to be!

2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Do we have a thread for Oxygen Not Included? I tried a search for it, but all I found were a couple posts in "What Have We All Been Playing Lately?"

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I could have sworn we had a thread for Black Panther, but I can't find it. Am I just missing it?

5. Acey

Is there a thread for sharing mixes/playlists/FSTs you’ve made? If not, which subforum do you think it should go in when I make it?

6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ooooooh i would love this
    fan town maybe? or make it so?
    edit: i think make it so is the place bc not all mixes are fanmixes! i fuckin love playlist making im hyped

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. Acey

I’ll go ahead and make it, then! Give me a bit though, I’m on mobile but I wanna link to mine!

• Winner x 3
  8. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

@Acey Iirc, there definitely was a place before.....? But I don't know where now...

• Like x 1
  9. Acey

Either way, here's the new one! (And yeah, @Charlie, I seem to vaguely recall that too? But I can't remember anything about it, including where it is. x_x)

• Like x 1
  10. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

is this thread still good for dropping book recs? or do we have another one that's not 2 years dead?

11. Acey

I’d say that should still be good! Necroing threads like that is p accepted I believe.

• Agree x 2
  12. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

RUBS MY GREASY LITTLE RAT FINGERS ALL OVER IT THEN

• Winner x 1
  13. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure any thread is acceptable to necro if it isn't personal drama/forum drama

• Agree x 9
  14. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

that would make sense! im used to forums that have really strict "no necroing" rules can you tell...

15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I could've sworn we had a thread sometime last year for posting WIP writing excerpts, does anyone remember what it was called or where it's gone?

16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

17. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Is there a thread for "look how much progress I made!" wrt, like, functionality and adulting and therapy and personal growth and stuff?

18. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So, historical note: People often have rules against thread necroing because threads are innately tied to when they're posted; like, on an MMO forum, advice that's from two major expansion packs back is useless. And then people who don't know why it's a rule just make it their own rule on their forums, and then people are used to it.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Just imagine: in the future, someone on a completely different forum running on completely different software by completely different rules is going to ask why threads aren't allowed to go beyond 1000 pages, and someone else is going to have to explain "It has always been this way, my child, and it always will be."

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  20. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

yeah, pretty much. see also the "no double posting" rule.

actual problem: early forum software could fail to display new posts and people would resubmit them, and the software didn't check for this, so sometimes the exact same post would appear twice. so people would delete them.

conclusion: there's a rule against the same user posting twice in a row, which we should enforce on new forums.

that is it. there was never an actual reason for a rule against the same user posting twice in a row, it just evolved from not understanding the actual problem of double-posting.

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice